- Rewards: It's paying above market norms to attract & retain the best
- A fast-track role into Category Management: Be assured, for performers, this is a 'given!'
- Learn & be inspired from the best: Work with some of the best mentors and leaders in the sector
- Your workplace in the South East: It’s flexible, open and collaborative, set up to leverage the sharing and expertise that everyone brings when in the office
- It’s fun: It’s a place where unique talents are leveraged, and success is celebrated.
This is a career move that you will never look back from. This catapulting retailer, with a thriving network and hundreds of stores provides much-needed product, service and solutions across a wide variety of brands. Operating within a fast-paced and competitive environment, their success is attributed to their superior customer service, innovation and extensive product ranges. Like the stores, the Support office is made up of talented teams at every level, who work intuitively and collaboratively, injecting smart and savvy retail practices and principles across every retail aspect. As a result of continued organic expansion and acquisition they have been experiencing double-digit, growth 'year on year' and it is their absolute strategy to continue on this trajectory. In short, their future continues to excite, and this is your opportunity to be part of it. If Category Management is your goal, this is a career-defining opportunity.
What will you do in an average week?
In these pioneering roles, you will be working in partnership with one of the talented Category Managers, developing, managing and maintaining core ranges, extension programs and category growth plans in line with the merchandise strategy. More specifically, you will:
- Conduct regular range reviews and ensure the profitable pricing of products to the market conditions
- Build and develop supplier relationships that are in line with the company values, ensuring they allow for continued improvement of terms through negotiations and deals
- Pull together range and sales data to facilitate sound decision-making as part of the range review process
- Be part of the product selection process that also incorporates private label and development
- Be one of the key points of contact for supplier and store queries
- Work with Marketing to co-ordinate the catalogue for your category and planogram builds
- And so much more...
- You are proven: You ideally have experience as an Assistant Category/Product/Buyer/Brand Manager or Marketing/Merchandise Co-ordinator (or other related roles) within a retailer or supplier
- You are innately passionate: You are a natural go-getter, who has the 'will' and 'want' to make a difference
- You are ideally degree qualified: You are a learner and have demonstrated you're committed to this
- You have ambition: Right now, being in a role and business with good mentors and development programs that will bring the best out of you, is of high importance to you
- High attention to detail, accuracy and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship-building skills, self-starter and high motivated
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritise day-to-day priorities