- Opportunity to join a retailer that is growing at a “rate of knots”
- Enjoy going to work each day to a modern, bright work space with a high-performing team
- Opportunity to merge your passion for tools/hardware with your career aspirations
Your prospective employer:
…is a retailer to watch. In the highly contested tool category, they are tackling their market opponents “head-on” with exceptional breadth and quality of range and advice. Their results are phenomenal: tracking well above the market norm with double-digit organic sales growth and a continuing, national store rollout strategy. Momentum like this can only be driven and sustained by talented individuals working at every level of the business. An outstanding opportunity now presents for an Assistant Category Manager to join one of the business’s biggest engine rooms in Merchandise.
What will you do in an average week?
- Support two Category Managers, acting as their ‘right hand’ and assisting them to deliver and execute their category plans.
- Pull together range and sales data to facilitate the Category Managers' decision-making as part of the range review process.
- Be one of the key points of contact for supplier and store queries.
- Co-ordinate catalogue and planogram builds.
- Manage all administrative tasks including system, product and pricing updates and maintenance.
- Experience as an Assistant Category Manager, Buyer’s Assistant or related role within retail, product management or inventory management.
- Either some experience within the Tools/Hardware categories or a passion for these types of products in your personal time.
- Ambition coupled with a “can-do” attitude. You are someone who wants to develop your career with a growing company.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritise day-to-day priorities, within a dynamic fast paced retail environment.
- Competence with MS Excel or the ability to quickly learn and pick-up new skills in this area.