As an Assistant Category Manager, you will support your Category Manager acting as their 'right hand.' Consistently sharpening your skills, you will gain a broad understanding of the business and category enabling your category in making strategic decisions. You will attend supplier meetings, be part of the product selection process as well as provide general support in relation to promotions and marketing. At an executional level, you will manage purchase orders and participate in category reviews as well as manage all administrative tasks including data preparation and input, system updating and maintenance.
The career-shaping opportunity calls for:
- Demonstrated experience as a Junior Buyer or Assistant Category Manager
- Ambition coupled with a "can-do" attitude. You are someone who wants to develop your Category Management career with a company over the next few years
- High attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent computer skills