Your prospective employer:
As industry leaders in their core segment, this large Group houses an impressive portfolio of commercial businesses and brands and they supply their ranges of products via their vertically integrated supply chain and trade reseller and wholesale channels. With a proud history and commendable track record of growth, the diversity and essential nature of their offering have allowed them to retain their strong market position, including throughout the pandemic. Simply put, their future continues to excite. Taking pride in the development of their specialist and knowledgeable team, they have an unrelenting focus on service and on continuing to strengthen the relationships with their customers through their channels. Buoyed by this level of success; they have attracted some of the market's best business minds and leaders. Now is your opportunity to be one. This might just be your most career-defining move.
What’s in this for you?
- Enjoyment! Being in a role that you will enjoy with a company that has endless opportunities for its performers
- Be a part of a large publicly listed Group – with a transformation and growth agenda
- To be appointed as the trusted expert voice and “go-to” for all things brand and positioning
- An opportunity to lead the change agenda and movement to "best practice." It’s a key, business-critical role where you will be fully empowered to review, consolidate, transform and drive forward the brand strategies and identities
- The opportunity to report into a "down to earth" and supportive Group Marketing Manager, who inspires change
- Flexibility on working location - for when you are not out onsite in the varying businesses or sitting with the broader marketing team
- Working to your strengths you will review, develop and “bring to life” the Group's brand strategy into each of the commercial businesses with the objective of increasing brand awareness, growing the customer base and improving the financial performance for each brand and business unit.
- Naturally, you will analyse brand financials, market data and competitor data thoroughly and utilise this as the basis to re/formulate the brand strategy, activity plans and initiatives for each of the brands
- You will work closely and collaboratively within each of the business units ensuring you develop and execute key branding and marketing strategies that will support their ongoing growth and success. Lifting and building on the marketing capabilities within the brands (and resources within), will also be a key part of your remit.
- Driving and championing the branding agenda with the broader marketing team will be important as will sharing best practice and ensuring that the brands are positioned to be at the forefront of opportunities
- This one is a given: Demonstrable success in Brand Management & Marketing ideally from within a wholesaler/distributor, trade reseller or FMCG Co.
- Strong business acumen: You have experience managing P&L's and budgets and planning spend
- Brilliant brand management and communication skills: You can translate the “vision” into day-to-day operational performance
- Although not necessarily an expert, you have digital expertise, encompassing experience of e-commerce, brand websites and social media
- Your style – you are resilient and an influencer - you can lead and drive change and take people along the journey
- You are a strategic thinker and commercially astute, with excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Fast, flexible and adaptable approach: You embrace and lead change, and you can flex up and/or down with ease
- Results-focused: You have a customer focus, excellent communication skills and a thirst for results
If this sounds like the opportunity that would bring out the best in you as a Brand Marketing Manager and your potential, please apply ASAP to Gabby Symons, Managing Director, People Equity.