What’s in this for you?
- Such a rewarding career with an Australian brand who their customers LOVE & TRUST
- Bright & friendly showroom environment – which is where you are based mostly when you are not out on the road
- Be trusted to grow the business as if it was your own, from both new construction clients and in home consultations.
…is 100% Australian owned and operated. What started as humble beginnings in 2007, this rapidly growing small business has quickly become the preferred name to many amongst the flooring and window furnishing scene. With so much demand for their quality products, in-depth ranges and unmatched sales and service offerings the team needs to expand. Therefore, a newly created position has become available for an experienced Business Development Manager to bring additional sales in the residential and construction markets that are currently untapped. This is one of the most exciting times to join and with your determination and motivation to succeed the opportunities for are endless!
What will you do in an average week?
- You will effectively build new business within the residential, construction and retail customers by building relationships and attracting new clients, as well as the vital role of 'in home' consultations and sales.
- You will visit and cold call new prospective clients on worksites or via phone to promote your business values and capabilities
- You will divide your time between having a “showroom presence”, developing new clients offsite as well as “in home” consultations
- You will work cohesively to monitor and review the marketplace and competitor’s product offering, to ensure yours remains the best
- You will be hands on, with stock ordering, receiving and effectively utilising POS systems, P&L reporting and digital platforms.
- You will ideally have experience in a business development (B2B and/or B2C) role. Experience in in-home product sales such as window furnishings, flooring, homewares, doors etc are desirable, however strong business development skills are essential
- You are ambitious, driven and have a strong desire to make this role your own
- You have experience in measurements and quoting from plans and/or are savvy with numbers
- You have a strong ability to understand, learn and retain detailed product information, and you can easily adapt and change with technology
- Naturally have excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
- You have confidence, are engaging and professional always
- You pride yourself on your proactive and positive working style: you are consultative and personable, and have loads of initiative
- You are self-motivated and can perform tasks: You just know what ‘needs to get done’ and can just ‘get on with it!’
- You are passionate about enhancing working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- You are flexible with additional days and some interstate travel as required.
If this role sounds like you… please call Melissa Cavanagh on 0415 302 249 for a confidential chat about this fantastic opportunity!