- Major retail player with a workplace you will call your ‘home.’ Its culture is ‘down-to-earth’ and inclusive and where ‘work life balance’ is practiced and encouraged
- The opportunity to be part of a globally recognised, major retail leader with an incredibly strong growth and innovation agenda
- The opportunity to align yourself with a brand that customers ‘know’ and ‘trust’
- Be part of team who are not afraid to work hard and have fun along the way….
- ‘Lifestyle’ offices with brilliant surroundings
- A handsome salary package with many additional financial and non-financial benefits.
This major retailer holds a strong national presence, continually expanding their footprint as well as their product offer. At the top of their game, they continue to invest in their people, customers and product offer. Currently ‘smashing it’ in its core categories, this large national group is known to be one of the fastest evolving globally, as it continues to bring ‘newness’ and ‘innovation’ to its ranges. With a strong focus on getting new and innovative products to market first, their strategy is to know and plan for what is happening tomorrow, today. Passionate team culture, driving sales and aspiring to be the best, is their recipe for success. Make your mark and take your career to the next chapter with a role that is sure to be rewarding for a person with the winning edge!
What will you do in an average week?
- In this high growth category, you will lead the delivery of new products to market first; this is the one to hang your hat on. This sector is going to be ‘HUGE’
- Be pushing the boundaries of excellence by further introducing, developing and executing first class assortment, planning and inventory strategies and initiatives to your range
- Ensure the actions are in place to deliver sales, income and inventory targets that will continue to positively impact store and category performance
- Work collaboratively with all Buyers to leverage off their categories in this newly developing sector.
- Well-developed buying experience in either general merchandise, hardgoods; if it’s been with one of the Toy majors then that would be a bonus
- To grow market share, you will be a natural negotiator working with some of the biggest names in the industry to “make it happen”.
- You are known for your time management, communication and collaboration skills
- You know product and immerse yourself in your category and if you’ve got kids then you will be all over this one
- You can deliver ranges with a difference. You are innovative in your thinking and you really 'get' your customer.
- You are effective in working autonomously and can plan your day to get the most out of it.
- You are available for an almost immediate start...handover will be critical for this contract role.