What’s in this for you:
- You will be part of a team of innovative individuals who are down to earth (they are not precious),
- You will be empowered to set the vision and make the decisions,
- A truly unique and varied role sourcing trend inspired, womenswear,
- Travel abroad, product discounts across the group of companies and so much more,
- An inner-city location with on-site parking,
- A market leading salary package.
Your Prospective Employer:
Known for its humble, down-to-earth culture that values transparency, hard work and fun, along with a product offering that makes it easy for everyone to look and feel great; this national retailer is in a strong position. Providing the right product to its customers at the right price and with the right service experience hinges on the skill, satisfaction and performance of its people. Reporting to a Buying Manager in this dynamic and super-fast business, you will be part of a team of inspiring individuals where, in collaboration with the design and planning teams, you will source and develop product that will be the envy of your competitors.
What you will do in an average week:
- Work collaboratively with the planning, design and production teams to ensure your buying strategy is cost effective and commercially viable,
- Develop and source ranges that are commercial and in-line with the business footprint,
- Stay abreast of local and overseas market trends through all mediums and undertake overseas trend research trips when necessary,
- Deliver innovation and speed to market (whilst taking calculated risks) when it comes to new trends in everyday product,
- Live, breathe and have fun in an industry that is so fast paced that even the “Road Runner” can’t keep up.
- Commercial talents with a high attention to detail and extraordinary skills in translating and developing product, both locally and off shore into “fashion must haves”,
- A strong fabric, textile and technical understanding where you are sought after by others for your widespread knowledge,
- A proven ability to engage, negotiate and influence key internal and external stakeholders,
- A presence and credibility to spearhead the profile of your category through strong analytical reporting skills,
- Ideally, an extensive pedigree in a retail fashion buying role, either locally or internationally and if that is in the DDS market, even better.
For an immediate confidential discussion please contact Lisa Canning on 0420 765 026.