- A key ‘front & centre’ role where you will be empowered to own and lead the buying strategy for one of the most significant divisions in Merchandise
- An opportunity to be part of a fast paced, catapulting organisation with a ‘down-to-earth’ and inclusive culture, where balance is practiced & encouraged
- An opportunity to ‘bring to life’ your global sourcing expertise and product development nous to this portfolio and also to the broader business.
- A role where you can pull together all of your retail intellect, leadership skills and experience and apply it in the one place
- Lifestyle’ offices situated in the inner city
- A very market competitive salary package with many additional financial and non-financial benefits.
Is a high volume, progressive specialist retailer who continually refines and sharpens their offer, right across their Merchandise and Marketing programs and their in-store service offerings. Comprised of a large network of stores across the country, they are customer driven and experiential by nature. Underpinned by some of the industry’s most entrepreneurial and insightful leaders, the business continues to lead the market with an aggressive growth strategy and unparalleled offers. Success is achieved in the Merchandise Division through the application of shrewd buying, trading and planning practices and the ability to translate trends to the needs of customers. A high volume marketing program supports their merchandise strategy, creating a fast paced working environment that is in-tune with the market.
What you will do in an average week:
- In this influential, yet hands-on role, you will lead a team of skilled Buyers within a large trend driven portfolio, to drive its growth, delivering on-trend product development solutions to your categories that will create commercially sound ROI
- This role is not about maintaining the status quo, however developing, re-invigorating and implementing a ‘trend driven’ ranging and global sourcing strategy that continues to focus on engaging the customer, whilst enhancing and delivering business capabilities for continued future growth
- Work with your team cross-functionally to influence all areas of the organisation, ensuring your strategy is aligned to all aspects of the operational reality
- Embrace the challenge with your team, take some already high performing categories to the next level within your division and bring your ‘fresh set of eyes’ to others
- Consistently be improving current systems, processes and control measures to ensure the success of each aspect of the merchandise offer.
- You’re a leader: Need we say more. Your skill-set in leading and mentoring a team of senior buyers to success, ensuring to maximise their capabilities
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit: You have a keen eye for core line improvement, you thrive on exploring trends and you enjoy taking calculated risks. You are resourceful
- You have sourced globally: you know where to find that ‘cutting edge’ product in your categories and love getting on a plane to do so
- You’ve got the right product background: High SKU volume Soft Goods or Apparel with a trend and product development orientation.
- You understand high volume marketing: You operate successfully in a catalogue driven environment that can be reactive and at times, relentless.
- You’re a trader: A successful senior Merchant in your own right, you know how to work with your teams to spot a trend, negotiate a deal and manage your suppliers to ensure that your ranges reflect the best product at the best price - at all times.
If these describe you then don’t delay, call me:
Lisa Canning on 0420 765 026 for a confidential discussion