What’s in this for you?
- A role that is much more than just category management! This role will see you also strategically heading up one of the retailers most prominent suppliers that are based ‘in-house.’
- Own this ‘core’ category from start to finish and deliver it into hands of the customer
- Be the ‘expert’ in leading innovation and quality of product excellence
- Go on a career journey of a lifetime, your success will be your progress
Your prospective employer:
…is a household name. This retail group offers an unrivalled range of products, which sees them owning their market. Right from inception their focus has been on being a ‘down to earth,’ value for money business that sell ‘do it yourself’ lifestyle products. As they celebrate the many wins, now is the time to secure the next top talent for this forever growing core Category Account Manager role. As part of a team of commercial, intuitive and highly skilled category specialists, your remit will be to lead the highest profile category within the group. Now is the time to be a part of this Australian icon!
What you will do in an average week?
- Be the expert and manage the entire journey of the product, from sourcing to ‘on the shelf’ - you will wear many hats!
- Be responsible for developing and sourcing quality and value for money products, within this important core category
- Be accountable for negotiating with suppliers and setting pricing guides across the brand
- Be proficient in working across two brands and be the middle person to represent a highly regarded supplier and your brand
Here’s what it will take?
- You are an experienced Category Manager or Buyer ideally with proven success managing a ‘soft goods’ category that has had a product development focus. You therefore have had exposure to and an understanding of textiles, soft furnishing and/or products for the home.
- You have strong negotiation and product management skills, and building strong relationships and partnership is in your DNA
- You are driven by KPI’s, time organisation, problem solving and the bottom line.
- You are confident in making decisions and communicate openly on both sides of the brand
- You strive for success and will work hard every day to deliver the best products and prices to your customer
If this opportunity sounds like the role for you, please call Melissa Cavanagh on 0415 302 249 for a confidential chat about this fantastic opportunity!