- Your category: is the Automotive category and its experiencing double-digit, exponential growth. You will be empowered to ‘take it by the horns’ and further own, devise, develop and lead the initiatives and strategies that will continue to support its success
- You will be supported: By your direct report – an Assistant Category Manager
- Rewards: This package is handsome – composing of a generous base, plus super plus bonus scheme
- Career progression: In this growth focussed business, team sizes continue to expand, and new roles are created. Good news for you…internal progression appointments are always the first port of call!
- Your workplace: It’s easy to get ‘to and from’ and also offers the flexibility to work from home on a number of days each week. The working environment is fresh, open and collaborative and set up to leverage the sharing and expertise that everyone brings when in the office (with social distancing of course)
Your prospective employer:
With its continued trajectory and further growth agenda, this specialty retailer, with a large national network of stores continues to challenge its competitors like never before. Success is achieved in the Merchandise Division through the application of astute category management, trading, and planning practices and the ability to translate trends and develop products, to the needs of their customers. A high-volume marketing program supports the merchandise strategy, creating a fast-paced working environment that is in-tune with the market. Momentum like this can only be driven and sustained by talented individuals working at every level of the business. A career opportunity now presents to lead and manage one of the most strategic categories in the business.
What will you do in an average week?:
- Be enjoying yourself, fully accountable for one of the highest-profile, most strategic categories in the group – Automotive
- Be working to your strengths, defining and developing category plans, pricing and product assortments as well as devising and leading the strategies that will continually enhance the value proposition for the category
- Be keeping well in tune with the market, so you can effectively identify, source and implement new product and private label opportunities and initiatives, that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders
- Work in partnership with others in your team, and agree on merchandise strategies that drives and delivers the right ranges in the right stores, every time
Here’s what it will take
- You are proven:You are a retail merchant (Category Manager or Buyer) or in a Product Management role on the supplier side
- Category experience:Automotive (or related) is essential
- Private Label & NPD - you are known for your skill set and experience in offshore sourcing and developing product and private label ranges
- It’s a given you have skill sets in inventory management, negotiating, and building supplier relationships. You also have an ‘eye for commercial ranging’ and developing solution-based category plans and this has set you apart
- You are authentic, a credible negotiator and are always in it for a win-win
- You enjoy pace: You thrive in periods of change, ambiguity, and continued growth
- You inspire: You have drive, determination and commitment that inspires others
- You listen and others listen to you; you collaborate well
- You have passion: Simply put, you just ‘love’ what you do, and you are awesome at it!
This opportunity will make your 2021 year and beyond. Please apply ASAP via the link below. For further queries, please contact Gabby Symons, People Equity on firstname.lastname@example.org