What’s in this for you?
- A senior, high profile role heading up a category you are already an expert in
- An opportunity to move from the supplier side into retail, if you are not there already!
- Full support in developing and/or building on your category management skills
- To go on a career journey of a lifetime, where your success will be rewarded
- Eastern suburbs location, great $$ and supportive culture
…is a household name. This retail group offers an unrivalled range of products, which sees them owning their market. Right from inception their focus has been on being a ‘down to earth,’ value for money business that sell ‘do it yourself’ lifestyle products. As they celebrate the many wins and plan for expediential growth in this already high-profile category, now is the time to secure the next top talent to plunge into the role. As part of a team of commercial, intuitive and highly skilled category specialists, your remit will be to lead the highest profile category within the group. Now is the time to be a part of this Australian icon…
What you will do in an average week?
- Drive the entire journey of the product, from sourcing, to ‘on the shelf’, to marketing and product training - you will be trusted to advise and deliver
- Be responsible for developing and sourcing quality and value for money ranges within this key core category – you know what sells and more
- Be accountable to negotiate with suppliers and setting pricing guides across the brand – you know what your customers wants
- Be present to provide technical product training and support across the retail network, to maximise both team and customer knowledge of the products.
- You have likely held Key/National/Sales Account roles or other related pool product roles from the supplier/manufacturer side or have held Category/Product Management and/or Buying roles within a Retailer with a focus on the pool category
- You have strong negotiation and product management skills and building relationships is in your DNA
- You are driven by KPI’s, time organisation, problem solving and the bottom line
- You are confident in your communication style and can work with stores as well as the support office at any level.
- You strive for success and will work hard every day to deliver the best products and prices to your customer.