What’s in it for you:
- The salary package – it’s attractive, made up of many financial & non-financial benefits
- To be part of a culture that you want in your employer – ‘balanced, ’down to earth,’ incredibly ‘flexible’ and one that values its most important asset – its people
- To be in one of the highest visibility, transformative and cross-functional Merchandise roles in the business
- The opportunity to play a key part in contributing to the broader organisations’ growth aspirations. (Due to the size of the market available, the expectations are that the revenue in this category has the potential to at least quadruple over the next 4 years)
- To be part of a highly respected organisation that consistently grows, develops and outperforms the market in its core categories on both a local and global scale
- If career and personal development is important to you, this is the place to be. For performers, the possibilities for career growth ongoing are endless
Your prospective employer:
This ‘household’ recognised, global marketer and retailer of premium branded products has a long and incredibly successful history marketing and selling some of Australia’s leading products and solutions. With ‘opportunity knocking’ a brand new Business Unit and senior role has been established with a focus on developing a customer-led offer which provides customers with a further compelling reason to shop within their own store network as well as complement their already strong product and service offering. We are now searching for a Senior Category Manager who is hungry to be part of this reputable organisation’s next chapter and to play a critical part in contributing to the broader growth agenda. This is a role where you can make a real difference.
What does an average week look like:
Your remit will be to create and build a compelling vision for your highly opportunistic category portfolio and then for driving the adaptive change through the organisation. More specifically you will:
- Have full and end-to-end accountability for the customer offer within your portfolio, including the decision making relating to ranging, the promotional calendar, sales & category targets, product availability, merchandising, supplier strategy and support, pricing and COG’s management. The role also works very closely with the brand/private label team on the development of the branded offers to ensure strong alignment with customer requirements
- Reviewing the pricing, promotional and layout strategies will naturally form part of your remit, as will ensuring expertise knowledge is applied in forecasting, inventory management, commercial/trading terms negotiation and supplier management and development
- You will provide leadership to the stores, developing and capitalising upon retailer and supplier relationships and you will be focused on growth and sustainability of the business through competitive and profitable promotions and complaint retailing standards.
Here’s what it will take:
- You are a reputable self-starting senior ‘merchant’ with proven technical ability and knowledge in all things category management. All category experience will be considered
- You are a leader who is professionally mature: you inspire confidence, and you are motivated by driving a customer-led change agenda
- You are proven in your understanding and demonstrated application of the ‘best in class’ category management principles and in your ability to introduce, lead and teach them to others
- You have an ability: to think beyond and deliver tomorrows innovation today and you have always demonstrated sound judgment in anticipating challenges, problem-solving, and seeking the right resources to resolve issues
- You take a non-hierarchical approach: you are prepared and comfortable getting your hands dirty as much as you are performing the strategic and high-level relationship management aspects of the role
- You have an ability to influence a diverse internal and external stakeholder network: you inspire with ease, and you can drive change, with people always on your journey
Opportunities like this don’t come every day. Interest and further queries are welcome. Please email Gabby Symons, MD, People Equity on firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, please apply ASAP. Shortlisting now.