Your prospective employer:
Is a specialist and fast-growing national retailer, where they continue to invigorate their brand and secure their niche in the market. With hundreds of stores that spreads across both Australia and internationally and a culture built around valuing its people, the business is strengthening its ability to attract and retain driven individuals who thrive on a challenge, though offering a work life balance that is rare in retail. For their customers they offer an extensive range of company owned brands as well as number of third-party brands to accommodate consumers at all price points. Recognised to be the largest of their core category in the world, the organisation is going through an exciting time and is embarking on a journey with significant growth and transformation.
What’s in this for you?
- A ‘real’ chance to shine, learn and be part of a passionate and driven team where your opinions matter
- South East location (these roles never come up) and maybe not a massive drive to get there if you live in the south east!
- On –Site Parking
- A salary that I bet is more than you are on now!
What will you do in an average week?
- Provide detailed forecasting and planning support to the broader team
- Manage stock levels and allocations to achieve your budget in sales, gross profit and margin for your department
- Create and maintain forecast models using demand planning software (if you are a demand planner)
- Review historical sales trends to prepare forecast data and to support statistical forecast models
- Work cross functionally to reconcile forecast variances and refine the forecast models
- Maintain data accuracy
- Successfully manage your open to buy; you love the numbers and what they mean (if you are a Merchandise Planner)
- Effectively manage the clearance cycle and be ready to go with a product exit strategy if it is a category killer
- Run the reports, find the information and analyse the data before it is asked for and then make recommendations and plot a course of action.
Here’s what it will take:
- You are a Demand Planner or are a Junior Planner who is ready to step up; there are two opportunities so we will consider all levels
- An innate ability to understand where your stock levels are at, so that you can push and pull stock depending on demand
- A definite capability to put together a financial plan for your respective departments
- You effectively manage your Inventory through its life cycle across all channels; that is catalogues, store changes, new store openings, deletions and any additions of new lines
- You’ve developed strategic relationships with suppliers, where your inside knowledge from them is one step ahead of the game plan
If this has your name written all over it and you want to get started as soon as possible then Please call me - Lisa Canning on 0420 765 026