Your prospective employer:
Bright and bold, this large specialty retailer is maintaining its strong market position and it continues to thrive in this new world we are all now operating in. With a full multi-channel offer, they offer an extensive range of company-owned, exclusively licenced, and third-party brands accessed through their numerous store formats as well as online. For their customers they offer superior service levels, extensive ranges, and highly competitive pricing and for this, they have a large customer following. The support office has a ‘down to earth’ and vibrant culture, built on value, performance and respect they are known to offer career and development opportunities for their performers. With plenty of sales growth and a transformational agenda, now is literally one of the best times ever to get on board.
What’s in this for you?
- To be part of a company that will bounce out of COVID-19
- Opportunity to contribute to one of the most exciting planning transformation projects of all time
- To make a difference – you will be empowered to take initiative and present your ideas
- An opportunity to learn from some of the best!
- To be part of a small, super down to earth team
- Flexibility – we all need it at times!
- Free parking
- Comfy offices – you will instantly feel at home
What will you do in an average week?
- Be leveraging your understanding of inventory management practices and procedures by providing support for the forecasting of product demands, ensuring the store network have enough stock to support sales and optimise their inventory. This role will therefore see you analysing customer forecasts and order patterns, reviewing forecasting accuracy and proactively managing daily order availability.
- Advise on production requirements and sharing valuable business insights to ensure the retail stores keep it's "customer first" approach
- Be maintaining the system with updated sales forecasts and providing support and data to ensure monthly forecasting accuracy targets are met
- To continuously be improving forecasting accuracy using historical data and other insights gained through regular communication with the broader team, the stores, and stakeholders across the business
- To run forecast reports and agree realignments or cancellations to ensure proactive and correct prioritisation of requirements for optimal customer service and inventory levels
- Be creating presentation material and content for the S&OP meetings
- To proactively supply information to the category teams to support and encourage continuous forecast improvement
- To be forecasting seasonal demand, anticipating customers reactions to upcoming promotions
- To be updating internal customers about product availabilities
Here’s what it will take:
- Experience in product planning, demand forecasting, inventory management, and/or supply chain management is essential. You will most likely be a Demand or Supply Planner (or similar).
- Effectiveness in communication, influencing, and negotiating whether one-on-one, in small or large groups, and with peers and executives
- A persistent attention to detail and a high level of comfort in working with numbers
- Proven experience in leading and adapting approaches in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment
- Customer focused mentality, commercial awareness, interpersonal skills, and an analytical and numerate mindset
- High proficiency in Excel and an aptitude to learn technical applications quickly