Your prospective employer:
This fast-growing international technology company already boasts an impressive client base comprised of some of the largest gas and electric utility companies in the US. In less than five years, their technology has become the number one solution for as-builting, from design right through to the system of record. Due to their proven business model and unique product offering, they are expanding their global presence with strong momentum. Australia and NZ (ANZ) is considered a region with untapped and limitless opportunity and is therefore the next port of call. There is therefore now an immediate requirement for the expertise of a business development focused General Manager to launch and lead Australia and NZ region. Supported by exceptional leadership and vision abroad, this will be nothing short of a career-defining move.
What’s in this for you?
- A ‘one-off’ opportunity to lead, plan and execute a highly respected product offering into the ANZ region where the opportunities in their core market are considered limitless
- To have the support of a global executive team (and founders) along with other regional GMs in ‘like for like’ roles, all who are responsible for contributing to the ongoing global expansion
- A senior management, GM level role that could be Melbourne or Sydney based. In fact, setting up the office (once a few customers are on board) will be one of your remits!
- A generous package ranging from approximately $180K-$220K + Super + Bonus. You will reap the rewards for your efforts.
- The potential opportunity for leading the expansion into APAC once ANZ is on its growth trajectory
- You will work to your strengths and develop the financial and business planning for the expansion into the ANZ region. This will see you building a strong network with the utility companies and relevant thought leaders across your region, starting with gas and electric infrastructure companies
- Configure the solution and proposition to meet the local market needs, e.g. pricing strategy, product offering, etc.
- Quickly become an expert in the product offering and how it provides so much value for the utility companies in the way it allows standardisation and modernisation of their construction as-builting across entire companies (and with vendors)
- Position yourself as a thought leader, becoming an expert for as-built solutions as you open new doors for this technology into utility companies
- Lead the marketing and business development plan in the region, including keynote speaking at relevant conferences, promoting in relevant conferences, publishing articles, meeting potential clients, demonstrating the system, setting up trials…
- Previous experience working in a senior leadership role within the utility industry (gas or electricity) or at very least have worked for a leading software vendor that supports the utility industry
- Strong cross-functional leadership, engagement and communication to ensure that the local strategy aligns and supports the overall business strategy
- A leadership style and interpersonal approach that places people at the forefront, drives accountability and actively coaches and invests in the development of people
A full Position Description is available post application.