Your prospective employer:
….is moving from ‘great’ to ‘greater’ with a strategic success formula that wins customers’ hearts and minds by meshing value with convenience. Operating in the large format, bulky goods space; this specialty retailer continues to grow its market share with the support of a highly engaged workforce that embraces new ideas with a growth mindset. Making life simpler, easier and faster for its customers and creating a fun and rewarding working environment for its employees; the business is nipping at the heels of its competitors. The opportunity to join the leadership team as General Manager - Retail Operations is nothing short of career-defining.
What’s in this for you?
- Realise the full extent of your leadership mettle in an environment where change is the norm
- Embrace the potential and excitement of a retailer that meets its customers on multiple channels, and will continue to expand its reach
- Inherit a passionate team that seeks the expertise, trust and guidance of an authentic leader who supports learning and growth
- You will take the operational pedigree of this business to the next level
- Reporting to the CEO, this will involve setting a strategy for the store network that balances the entrepreneurial flair of the business with commercial pragmatism
- Leading the execution will involve establishing clear success levers that will equip your team to deliver optimal daily performance and service experiences
- With people and customers at the forefront of your agenda, you will develop a healthy climate of accountability within your team through your consistent focus on commercial management, people development, safety, service excellence and operational effectiveness
Here’s what it will take:
- You will be an operational and people leader from a Retail/B2C multi-site, brand-centric organisation. Ideally, you will now be at GM Operations or National Operations Manager level
- Your experience will come from a direct selling environment versus a self-select retail environment, where team members work with customers to establish their needs and deliver the right solutions.
- You are a change agent. You are proven in transforming key operational aspects and people elements of a retail/B2C business to ensure sustainability, future viability and profitability
- You are a culture builder. You get the best out of your team by celebrating discretionary efforts, creating purpose, a sense of belonging and building trust. You listen, you are the voice of the field and you project openness and approachability
- You are renowned for your agile leadership approach: You balance people and culture with the commercials. You can move effortlessly between the shop floor and the boardroom
Opportunities like this are rare. If you would like to talk further in confidence, please call Nicola Crocco on: 0420 990 602.