Your prospective employer:
We are honoured to be partnering with this Victorian retail brand that customers associate with quality, a sophisticated shopping experience and top-end service. Their offer to the market is unsurpassed; with their success formula anchored in long-held and dynamic supplier-relationships, proud family-ownership and a cohesive leadership team that enables the business to be nimble and innovative. Preparing for their next decade of success, the succession planning for the business is focussed on ensuring long-term stability, strength and prosperity for its employees and its suppliers. This is a positive news story and a unique opportunity for the next generation of General Manager to enter the stage.
What’s in this for you?
- A broad career opportunity to showcase your General Management talents and retail prowess within a progressive organisation.
- An opportunity to be part of a family-owned business that truly looks after its performers to foster loyalty and trust amongst its people.
- A unique reporting line that will facilitate a high level of support and counsel for the appointment.
What will you do in an average week?
- Accountable to the business Directors, you will provide over-arching leadership to the organisation and ensure decision-making is in keeping with the core organisational values of honesty, integrity, ethics and respect.
- In collaboration with the Directors, you will formulate a cohesive company strategy and vision, and communicate it in a clear and engaging way to all internal and external stakeholders.
- You will directly oversee the senior executive team across all functions of the business, keeping them aligned to the company strategy and providing them with leadership and development opportunities.
- Assume the standard financial and reporting accountabilities to Director level.
- You will act as the custodian of the culture and heartbeat of the organisation to ensure the business remains an ‘employer of choice.’
- Above all, you will drive a customer-first approach in everything you do, at every touch point.
Here’s what it will take:
- Proven experience in a Retail General Management role or in a leadership position where you have had multiple organisational functions reporting in.
- A retail backbone, however, you may have gained broader experience in other industry sectors throughout your career.
- Customer-centric mentality. You believe that customers come first every time and a retail business exists to create ‘customers for life.’
- An understanding of the nuances of a family business.
- A leadership style that will naturally listen, learn and build relationships in the first instance.
- Pragmatic and measured in your approach to decision-making and advice-giving.
- Proven ability to maintain and nurture long-standing relationships, internally and externally.
If this sounds like the career-defining opportunity in General Management that you have been waiting for, please call Nicola Crocco on: 0420 990 602 for a confidential conversation.