- Finesse your career in an impactful General Management opportunity
- Make a difference in a high growth business with an appetite for change
- Report directly to a dynamic Executive who’s in the business of making things happen… now.
In a highly contested product category, this Australian retailer is one to watch. Taking on market opponents with their depth of advice and breadth of range, they have an engaged and captivated customer base. Their proven business model also sees them expanding their national presence with strong momentum, sustained by exceptional leadership and vision from within the business. They now require the prowess of a General Manager - Store Operations to lead the charge for excellence in operations, service, safety and sales in order to strengthen their connection to their customers’ needs and wants.
What will you do?
You will take the operational pedigree of this business to the next level with your strategic and tactical nous. Reporting to Executive level, you will set an enticing vision and structure for the store network that encapsulates all aspects of the customer’s encounter with this retailer. Execution of the vision will involve establishing clear success levers and equipping your team to support the stores in achieving optimal daily performance and service experience. With people and customers at the forefront of your agenda, you will develop a healthy climate of accountability within your team (and the wider business) through your consistent focus on development, safety, service excellence and operational effectiveness.
Here’s what it will take:
- Big box/large format retail leadership experience at a national level (GM Operations or National Operations Manager or General Manager of a smaller retailer, for example).
- Ideally, your experience will come from a bulky goods store format where you have demonstrated success working with high SKU volumes and large store teams.
- Proven ability to work “in” and “on” your business to make an impact on operations, safety, sales and service. You are a strategic thinker and you know how to get the ‘rubber to hit the road’.
- Proven ability to drive accountability through your team and develop the competency and capability of your people through effective leadership techniques.
- Naturally, strong financial literacy and commercial acumen.