- Expand your career and showcase your natural talents in a rarely seen General Management opportunity.
- Be a part of a global, publicly-listed business with a strong family heritage - these people are ‘real’.
- Make a difference in a high-growth business with an appetite for change as they move to a shared service model in the areas of Finance and IT.
- Report directly to a dynamic executive who’s in the business of making things happen.
- An executive level salary and STI.
In a highly competitive product category, this Australian wholesale distributor is one to watch. Part of a publicly-listed business, they are taking-on market opponents with their innovative approach to product and delivery of service. With an engaged and captivated customer base, their proven business model sees them expanding their national presence with existing internal and external partners. Their vision for growth is supported and sustained by exceptional leadership from within and they are now poised and excited to embrace the appointment of a new General Manager. This is a unique opportunity for the business to strengthen their customer connection through both the retail and trade re-seller channels.
What will you do?
- Reporting to Executive level, you will develop and deliver a strategic vision and future-proof operational and leadership structure for the business.
- Take overall operational accountability for product, sales, marketing and logistics; leading and creating a culture of excellence.
- Measure and manage sales, margin and profit results to optimise strong financial performance.
- Lead the collaboration process between product managers and engineers to create new and innovative products that support the broader business’s overall market position.
- Lead the marketing team to solidify short- and long-term marketing and pricing strategies.
- Foster an engaged culture through authentic, genuine, uncluttered communication. You know everyone’s name and take a genuine interest in your people.
Here’s what it will take:
- You are currently a General Manager with a career that reflects true depth of experience leading a multi-faceted wholesale/distribution business that has worked through retail and trade reseller channels.
- Proven ability to work “in” and “on” your business to make an impact on operations, product innovation, marketing, sales and leadership.
- Although you may not be specialised in marketing; you are intrigued by modern marketing methods and keep abreast of the latest digital and eCommerce enterprises.
- You have proven ability to drive accountability through your team and develop the competency and capability of your people through effective and open leadership techniques.