- A ‘far-reaching’ career opportunity to showcase your Marketing talents and make a notable difference to a progressive retailer, with an International parent
- Everything! This role will empower you to review & reshape the whole Marketing offer and set the strategy that will see a re-positioning of the brand to deliver further sustainable growth & profitability
- You will have a voice! Reporting directly to the MD, you are a part of the Executive Leadership team, in a workplace where you will be empowered fully
- The opportunity to be part of a globally recognised, major retail leader where there are real opportunities for succession
- An Executive salary package with many additional financial and non-financial benefits.
Your prospective employer:
Absolutely dominant in their chosen market and loved by such a broad customer base, this 'bulky goods' national retailer has a large network of stores that expand the nation. Underpinned by some of the industry’s most trusted and insightful leaders, this organisation continues to lead the market. Success is achieved through the application of highly strategic practices and the ability to translate trend and needs and ‘wants’ to that of their customers. This is your opportunity to review the whole Marketing offer and re-set the strategy, as the business embarks on its next stage of evolution.
What will you do in an average week?
- Leading your team, you will ensure the execution of all marketing and advertising activities to profitably market the business’s products and services
- Your performance will involve eCommerce strategies, campaign creation and execution, management of the creative and PR agencies, website management and maintenance, social media activities and traditional marketing activity
- You will work closely with the ‘ELT’, especially Merchandise, Operations and IT, hearing’ what your store network is saying and subsequently drive marketing further for them, at a grassroots level
- You will keep your finger on the pulse of competitor activity in order to continually shape and drive the marketing strategy
- You will consistently evaluate sales performance and align your strategy to the execution in order to achieve maximum results from all marketing activities.
- Like-for-like experience in a lead Marketing role, with exposure to a retail environment, where you have developed and executed the marketing strategy across above- and below-the-line channels including radio, TV, press, print advertising, catalogues, social media/digital and e-Commerce
- Your programs of work must demonstrate significant ROI in terms of achieving maximum profitability and improvement of the company’s competitive position
- Your retail experience will encompass the marketing of a cross-section of product values (from low- to mid- to upper-end value) it may even be in a franchised model
- You have successfully led and managed significantly sized teams and developed the potential of those within your team,
- You demonstrate a strong capacity for both creative and strategic thinking.