What’s in it for you?
- A truly HR valued business: An opportunity to join an outperforming retailer who from every angle supports and appreciates the value HR has on the business
- Career progression: In this growth-focused business there are excellent opportunities for career growth and development either within the company or across its various businesses
- Your workplace: It’s easy to get ‘to and from’ and offers the flexibility to work from home on a number of days each week. The working environment is fresh, open and collaborative and set up to leverage the sharing and expertise that everyone brings when in the office
- Rewards: The package is attractive along with many other benefits
This ‘loved’ and incredibly successful specialty retailer, with a large network of stores is experiencing strong growth. With people at the heart and core of their strategic plan, the HR function plays a very valued role in the organisation; assisting, enabling and guiding the support office and stores on people related matters across the breadth of the employment lifecycle. A career opportunity now presents to play a key role assisting to support develop, advise and implement the strategic HR goals for the business, ensuring it consistently maintains its high performance, values and customer-centric culture.
What does the role entail?
- In this business-critical, highly visible role you will be the frontline contact providing general HR support across all levels of the employee lifecycle for both the support office and national network of stores
- Working to your strengths, your responsibilities will cover the full gamut of the HR function; providing advice and support matters spanning from recruitment, ER/IR, performance management, contract details, wages, award interpretation, OHS, Workcover compliance, coaching/mentoring and training right through to payroll support and engagement surveys
- Managing the HR toolbox day to day will also be a key part of your remit, as will providing regular updates, actions and alerts through the internal communication systems
- This is a diverse and busy role whereby you will co-ordinate and drive key initiatives, ensuring to always be looking at new and exciting ways to enhance current processes and procedures that will continually reduce HR risk and improve staff engagement.
- A proven track record as an HR Generalist preferably, although not essential, within a retail environment, underpinned by a tertiary qualification in Business/HR (and or equivalent)
- Solid experience at an HR Advisor level where you have achieved outstanding results due to your skillset in providing sound advice and operational input
- Strong working knowledge of the ER/IR legislative framework
- Exceptional influencing and relationship building skills -you have a recognised ability to engage and win stakeholders to execute new HR initiatives, concepts and projects
- A practical, service-driven, resilient style with a high level of maturity and a grounded approach. Your presence and actions inspire confidence
- A knack for translating HR concepts - to different levels and types and in a language that is understood at both a support office and store level
- Engagement skills. You can gain ‘buy in' to initiatives and you can bring people along on the journey
- Decision making skills. You can weigh up risks and consequences to make sound commercial decisions or escalate matters appropriately
- Agility and Adaptability. You thrive and perform best in a fast-moving organisation