- Multi-faceted opportunity to hone your leadership skills surrounding people, systems and process
- Strong strategic career positioning: Highly visible role with upwards organisational mobility
- Enjoy the balance of being measured on both people and commercial success levers
- Work each day in ‘lifestyle’ offices with gorgeous surroundings
Innovative, future-fit and tuned into global best practice, this large Australian retailer dominates its market with a large network of stores that continues to expand across the nation. Led by some of the industry’s most entrepreneurial leaders, this is an organisation that differentiates itself through its inviting in-store and on-line experiences, leading price points, exclusive product strategies and strong multi-channel offer. Naturally, the supply, availability and flow of inventory is a fundamental success lever for the business. As such, a rejuvenated organisational focus on inventory management excellence has led to the creation of a role for an Inventory Optimisation Manager. This is one of those rare, career-launching opportunities where you will have the opportunity to shine across the areas of people, systems and processes.
- You will collaborate with the Merchandise Planning and Demand Planning teams, as well as with other key business functions to establish yourself as a subject matter expert and thought leader in the field of inventory optimisation. You will be an S&OP champion within the business.
- Taking a three-pronged approach that touches systems, people capability and process; you will tune inventory planning practices to enhance the way the business gets stock onto its shelves. As the flow and order of stock movement and stock holdings are streamlined, you will drive cost effectiveness through the supply chain, maximising stock availability and stock turns at the least cost to the business.
- You will also be a driving force in the synchronisation of the demand/supply plans with the commercial plans attached to the respective Buyerships. Capturing feedback at key points through the supply chain and from ‘ground-up’ at store level; you will establish clear alignment and cohesion between the dollar/commercially-focussed Merchandise Planning function and the bottom-up/unit-focussed Demand Planning function.
- Importantly, you will take people on a journey with your strong engagement, influence and thought leadership to build capability within the Merchandise Planning/Demand Planning teams. You will foster a culture of continual learning and improvement.
- Proven success as Replenishment/Demand Planning Manager or Inventory Leader/Expert within an FMCG or Retail environment where you have managed large SKU portfolios across distribution and store networks.
- Demonstrable success in enhancing, optimising and driving change in inventory management through the levers of people capability, systems and processes (S&OP championship).
- The expected systems knowledge of an ERP, Demand and Supply Planning and Forecasting tools, MS Excel, SQL Server (and the interconnectivity of these tools).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Cross-functional engagement and influencing skills.