What’s in this for you?
- Jump out of bed each day and go to work in a beautiful, modern space.
- Enjoy a raft of additional ‘perks’ including extra leave days, along with fantastic employee discounts and benefits.
- Reap the benefits of consistent professional development so that you can reach the top of your professional game.
Small enough to be agile in a competitive market yet big enough to compete on price, this growing consumer-driven business is a “crouching tiger” amongst its peers. Buoyed by exceptional year-on-year growth; talent acquisition and investment in people development at all levels are pre-eminent business drivers. The Learning and Development function is therefore a lynchpin in the on-going success of the organisation, enabling new team members to make the best possible start and existing team members to continuously develop their performance. The opportunity to join this high-performing team as a Learning and Development Specialist is therefore too good to be missed.
What will you do?
You will have the best of all worlds as you contribute to the business through instructional design, facilitation and analysis (training needs and post-delivery). With nearly half of the workforce being contact centre based, you will equip newly appointed team members to perform and feel comfortable in their roles as part of a comprehensive induction process. The tone of continuous professional development that you set during the onboarding program will then continue throughout the employee lifespan as you write and deliver programs aimed at sharpening soft skills such as selling and leadership. In this integral role, you will have the satisfaction of watching individuals develop as their careers progress.
Here’s what it will take:
- A proven track record in a Learning and Development role (encompassing instructional design and facilitation) ideally from within a frontline driven environment which offers high volumes of training and development to employees.
- You are ‘at home’ facilitating induction programs through to soft skills and leadership development sessions.
- You have a high level of comfort designing and facilitating and enjoy the balance of these two role aspects.
- A comprehensive understanding of adult learning principles. Not only this, you have solid commercial experience applying the theory to everyday practice.
- Highly adaptable, agile approach to team work and a general readiness to change direction based on the needs of the business.