- Major retail player with a workplace you will call your ‘home.’ Its culture is ‘down-to-earth’ and inclusive and where ‘work-life balance’ is practiced and encouraged
- The opportunity to be part of a globally recognised, major retail leader with an incredibly strong growth and innovation agenda
- Key succession appointment. This role is for the leader of today and tomorrow, heading up one of the most strategically important
- A workplace where you will be empowered fully where you can unleash your retail intellect, merchandise experience, leadership and strategic thinking all in the one place
- A dynamic team of talented and experienced Buyers reports, ready to be further developed, empowered and lead
- ‘Lifestyle’ offices with brilliant surroundings
- A handsome salary package with many additional financial and non-financial benefits.
This retail phenomenon has an innate ability to appeal to a diverse customer group simultaneously. Absolutely dominant in their chosen market and loved by such a broad customer base, they have a large network of stores that expand the nation. Forward thinking, innovative, experiential and a ‘global best practice’ operator, this organisation continues to differentiate its brand through its inviting in-store and online experiences, leading price points, exclusive product strategies, and full multi-channel offer. Underpinned by some of the industry’s most entrepreneurial and insightful leaders, the business continues to lead the market. Success is achieved in the Merchandise Division through the application of strategic buying, trading and planning practices and the ability to translate trend needs and ‘wants’ to that of their customers. A high-volume marketing program supports their merchandise strategy, creating a fast-paced working environment that is in-tune with the market. This will be one of your most career-defining moves. Allow your career to soar.
What you will do in an average week:
- Lead a sizeable team of skilled Buyers as you strategically drive your portfolio, delivering innovative product development solutions that continually creates ongoing ‘reasons to shop’ to an already engaged customer base
- Further develop invigorating offers and implement ranging and assortment strategies with an innovation focus that will continue to focus on engaging the customer, whilst enhancing and delivering business capabilities for continued growth
- Work with your team cross-functionally to influence all areas of the organisation, ensuring your strategy is aligned to all aspects of the operational reality
- Consistently be improving current systems, processes and control measures to ensure the success of each aspect of the merchandise offer.
Here’s what it will take:
- You’re a leader: Need we say more. Your skillset in leading and mentoring a team of buyers to success is proven. You know how to maximise and develop capabilities.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit: You have a keen eye for core line improvement, you thrive on exploring trends and you enjoy taking calculated risks. You are resourceful.
- You’re a strategic trader: A successful senior Merchant in your own right, you know how to work with your teams to spot a trend, negotiate a deal and manage your suppliers to ensure that your ranges reflect the best product at the best price, every time.
- You back yourself as do others: You can make the hard decisions and have the tough conversations and do this with the continued respect of all.
- You are accomplished in your own right. You have a knack for spotting trends well before your competitors and you can negotiate unique deals on a large scale.
- You create points of difference that gets results: You can deliver ranges with a difference through your team. You are innovative in your thinking and you really 'get' your customer.
- You have the vision: You can plan for today and for the future.
- You have a results-driven mentality: Need we say more.
If this sounds like the role for you, please call for a confidential discussion Gabby Symons, Director on 0432 261 116.