- Reap the benefits of an upwardly mobile role within a large international retail group.
- Shine without the shackles of historical leadership and/or slow-moving hierarchical decision-making.
- Marry your commercial nous as a Merchant with your taste and trend literacy.
...is a trusted (all things) Home brand that Australians know and love. Offering a clear brand position in which inspiration meets value; customers know that they can be relied on for their valued basics and be inspired by their trend accents. With an expansive network of stores reaping the benefits of significant VM investment combined with a clear lens on the customer profile, the road to on-going success is in sharp focus. The stage has therefore been set for the entrance of a new Merchandise Director with exceptional trend literacy and commercial nous to heighten and enhance the perceived value of the brand for customers.
What will you do?
Reporting to the dynamic CEO of this private label-lead business, you will enhance brand perception through your leadership of a diverse Merchandise team that includes Buying, Planning, Sourcing, Quality and Visual Merchandising. Your trend literacy and ability to commercialise these for this market will infiltrate your overall strategy. You will draw customers into stores with aspirational ideas and a continual high-value, core range offering. Your rigour surrounding foundational merchandise practices such as range reviews, assortment plans, customer and style groupings, pricing architecture and inventory management strategies will set the scene for on-going improvements in quality, pricing, innovation and profitability.
Here’s what it will take:
- Proven Merchandise Director/GM/Manager leadership experience. This is not a step-up opportunity.
- Your experience will include success as a Merchandise Director (or similar title/level) re-gaining/gaining market position and enhancing the customer view within a competitive landscape.
- You will demonstrate solid merchandise practices and strategy execution across Buying, Planning, Supply (sourcing, logistics, shipping, supply/demand planning), and Visual Merchandising, as well as familiarity and demonstrated adaptation to current Marketing practices (including appreciation of Digital).
- Fashion, Home/Decorator/Furniture and/or Bulky Goods backgrounds will be closely considered.
- Literacy in fabric is a huge advantage.
- Finally, customer centricity underpins everything you do.