What's in this for you?
- Huge career growth opportunity for a talented Merchandise Planner wanting to take ownership
- Opportunity to add value to a brand that customers know and love
- Autonomy to flourish in a role where you will evaluate and improve systems, processes and work flows
Your prospective employer:
...is a national retailer that holds a winning position in a hotly contested category. Through the provision of high quality advice and a comprehensive range of services, customers know this is a destination that the whole family can always trust and rely on. With substantive plans for store and brand growth on the radar, it is no surprise that there is opportunity for development across many product categories. There is now a newly created role for a Merchandise Planner to build a 'centre of planning excellence' within a key, high-growth business unit and category.
What will you do in an average week?
- Taking accountability for the way inventory is managed through the business, you will collaborate with the Finance and Product Development teams to analyse, re-define and establish effective systems and processes relating to merchandise planning.
- This will encompass financial analysis on new product development programs and stock management, contributing to the range review process and range rationalisation.
- Assess how to move stock out to stores in the most efficient way; buying less and turning the stock over faster. The business also buys from various sources both domestically and internationally, so inventory control (right stock, right time, right place, demand planning and forecasting, management of aged inventory) is a huge opportunity for excellence.
- Effectively manage the Open-To-Buy, including liaison with Finance and communicating with/influencing the leadership team when necessary.
Here's what it will take:
- Proven success as a Merchandise Planner role, ideally from within an FMCG environment where you have demonstrated expertise across range management, financial analysis and stock optimisation.
- A desire to learn and understand how a business is trading. You are naturally inquisitive regarding the existing systems and processes, and you can make recommendations on how to drive efficiencies across the planning cycle.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to rally people towards deadlines and profitable outcomes.
If you are excited to hear more about this career defining opportunity, please give me (Nicola Crocco) a call on 0420 990 602.