This incredibly successful business recognises it's their people who continue to drive their thinking and take the business forward. Referred to as an 'employer of choice,' they have quickly become one of Australia's leading independent manufacturer and supplier of products in their core category. With their Service Centre network being a key pillar of their business operations, as well as an essential part of their ongoing growth plans, they continue to prioritise highly the provision of superior service levels and support to their customers on a national scale. More broadly across the business, they are recognised for “doing things differently,” and for creating unparalleled value for their people, partners, customers and shareholders. Now is one of the best times to join and this role, newly created, presents an opportunity of a lifetime!
What is in it for you?
- Newly created – this is a critical appointment and will be the most influential and high-profile position appointed into the business this year
- Full empowerment - the trade retail vision and strategy are yours to set. This role will require you to bring the retail thinking and excellence and to drive, lead and implement the retail focussed change agenda
- Report directly to a dynamic CEO and be part of a business and culture who always puts people and their customers at the forefront
- Be handsomely rewarded with a package including car component, STI and eligibility for share options
- As the National GM, you will head up the network of Trade Service Centres. You will be responsible for creating a clear vision and then developing and executing a trade retail strategy that will further shape the centres and contribute to their ongoing growth, development and expansion
- Accountable to the CEO and staying true to the culture and DNA of the business, this role has full financial, operational accountability and the empowerment to develop and execute the strategic change and growth plan, that maximises current business strengths and explores new growth avenues across every aspect of retail and service
- Establishing key performance measures, targets and activity plans in accordance with the organisations three-year business plan will be part of your remit, as will ensuring the plans have the flexibility to adapt to market opportunities and ongoing changes in conditions and segments
- Driving national brand marketing strategies, increasing market awareness and driving share of customer wallet will be a key part of your remit as will mentoring and coaching your State based direct reports and building a team culture that focuses on delivering customer service excellence at every touchpoint.
- Are likely to have had experience as a CEO/COO of a small to mid-sized retail business, or have experience in a GM Operations role from within a larger retail business. Those retail operatives who are ready to step up from a GM State Operations level will also be considered, providing there is full breadth in the experience, key business disciplines and technical skills essential to this role
- Are proven in your ability to articulate a clear vision, create a strategy (i.e. the “how”) for the retail operations of a business and then have developed the plans, targets and timelines that have taken business from its current form to its planned destination
- Having a Trade Retail and/or Retail Service Centre operations background would be a 'nice to have' however is not essential. Of higher weighting will the depth of the transferable skills, competencies and experience taking the retail operations of a business, and its people, on a change and transformation journey
- The full set of technical skills surrounding financial management and literacy, sales and marketing, stakeholder engagement, strategy and planning, people management and retail operational excellence is essential. A leadership style and interpersonal approach that places people at the forefront will also be key
- As this position is responsible for driving national branding strategies, experience in the implementation (and/or use) of digital marketing platforms to drive brand awareness will be highly desirable.
This just could be the opportunity of a lifetime. If this sounds like the executive-level role that would bring out the best in you as a leader and your potential, please apply ASAP. For a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Gabby Symons, Managing Director, People Equity on 0432 261 116.