What’s in this for you?
- Enjoy flexible hybrid working arrangements and ‘health & wellbeing’ days as well as an extra week of leave after your first year
- An opportunity to be in an impactful and highly influential senior role that will build your profile right across the organisation
- Due to the size and continual growth of the group, the career possibilities are endless
- Be part of a customer-led and respected retailer with an extraordinarily strong appetite for growth and further expansion.
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a fun, down-to-earth, inclusive, values-based culture that values its most important asset, ‘its people’
- Be part of something ‘AWESOME.’ With a strong network of Trade stores across Australia, this thriving retailer with a significant Hardware Trade and DIY offer continues to excel with strong market share growth, supported by a sound and robust strategy that delivers. Proudly one of Australia’s largest timber merchants, they continue to invest in network growth, technology and first-class customer service, making them clear market differentiators in their field. The National Trade Manager role is wholeheartedly valued within the business and makes a powerful commercial contribution to the success, growth and engagement of the Trade offer, through first-class leadership, development and execution of the Trade strategy. This could be your most career defining move.
What will you do in an average week?:
- With full accountability for the Trade P&L and as a key member of the senior leadership team, you will be responsible for the national trade strategy growth by supporting and driving consumer driven initiatives covering network growth, key strategies and building group opportunities that grow profitability
- More specifically this will entail:
- Developing and delivering the Trade strategy, strategic initiatives and a performance based strategy through exceptional relationship skills and leadership
- Bringing the strategic vision and ‘know how’ to drive future growth through existing and new Trade channels, both locally and in expanding further into new markets
- Leading, building, coaching and mentoring a broad cross functional Trade team to grow group capability through influence and to ensure Trade operational excellence
- Leading change and driving a ‘sales culture,’ ensuring effective Trade account planning, CRM and leveraging of omnichannel opportunities across the large network
- Be working ‘hand in hand’ with the broader team and other senior stakeholders right across the business to ensure the company strategy and vision is translated into the day to day Trade objectives
- Establishment and maintenance of relationships within the network to maximise growth opportunities and ensure an elevated level of customer retention
Here’s what it will take:
- In-depth career experience at an executive/senior leadership level within the Trade Hardware sector across product supply and distribution. This may be from leading Trade operations within a Hardware Trade distributor, supplier and or manufacturer or from experience within a Trade fabricator (or similar)
- Proven in: Negotiating strategic sales agreements, business acquisitions and ‘bolt ons’ as well as market consolidation to achieve Trade growth
- Leadership ability: You are credible, inspire confidence and you can engage, influence and flex with ease
- Strong business acumen: You have owned and managed significant P&L’s and understand the financial levers across all areas of Trade operations
- You are a relationship maker: you have an innate ability to leverage this strength to influence, deliver and drive outcomes
- Brilliant communication skills: You naturally translate the ‘vision’ into day-to-day operational performance
- You are a change agent: You can transform key operational aspects and people elements to ensure sustainability, future viability, growth and profitability
- You have strong exposure to market influences and inhabit a strong knowledge of demographics, competitor activity and environmental factors
- Your core: People and the customer is at the core of everything you do
If this sounds like you, then I’d be really keen to hear from you. For any direct queries or for a confidential discussion, please call Gabby Symons, MD, People Equity on 0432 261 116 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise please APPLY and I will be in touch.