What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to be part of a ‘down to earth’, inclusive values-based culture that encourages ‘work life balance’ and ‘flexibility,’
- You will be part of a team of innovative individuals who are down to earth (they are not precious),
- You will be empowered to set the vision and make the decisions,
- An inner-city location with on-site parking and a market leading salary package,
- To be part of a high profile organisation that can attract and retain some of the markets best talent.
Your Prospective Employer:
Known for its humble, down-to-earth culture that values transparency, hard work and fun, along with a product offering that makes it easy for everyone to look and feel great; this national retailer is in a strong position. Providing the right product to its customers at the right price and with the right service experience hinges on the skill, satisfaction and performance of its people. Reporting to the Head of Planning in this dynamic and super-fast business, you will be part of a team of inspiring individuals where, in collaboration with your planning team, buying and the broader business you will drive commercial performance across your business unit, the largest in the business.
What will you do in an average week?
- Working at a management and influential level, you will be empowered to lead the direction of the Planning function as you further develop and implement the merchandise strategy,
- Be leveraging, investing, leading and developing the skill sets of your sizeable and talented team of Planners and Analysts. Upskilling and building succession in your team will naturally be a key focus,
- Be pushing the boundaries of excellence by further introducing, developing and executing first class assortment and merchandise planning, inventory strategies and initiatives to the business,
- Be taking a balanced focus on all aspects of planning, people development, operations and financial results,
- Be ensuring the actions are in place to deliver sales, income and inventory targets that will continue to positively impact store and category performance.
Here’s what it will take:
- Proven experience as a Planning Manager leading a team of talented Planners, within a high-volume retail environment,
- Proven leadership and strategic thinking coupled with a real love for merchandise planning and ‘the numbers’,
- You are at your best when you have a team you can lead, develop, coach and then take these to further heights. In short, people aspire to work ‘with’ you...and ‘for’ you,
- A leader who integrates strong and clear analysis and business rationale into decision making. You therefore will need strong analytical skills with the ability to analyses complex quantitative data and make sound commercial recommendations,
- Experience in systems and programs relative to planning processes and you know all about ‘best practice’ in this domain,
- You build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer and stores, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
This is a unique role, not often seen in NSW. For an immediate confidential conversation please contact Lisa Canning on 0420 765 026.