What’s in this for you?
- Your category: It's one of the highest-profile, strategic portfolios in the group i.e. it's what gets the customers in the doors!
- Be a part of one of the most-watched & admired retailers, leading the way in its offer and customer experience across all channels
- Career progression: In this organisation, team sizes and org structures continue to expand, therefore new openings and opportunities frequently arise. The good news…internal progression appointments are always the first port of call (and the reason for this vacancy)!
- Location: It’s in the South East. Is easy to get ‘to and from’ and you can park with ease (and for free)
- The work environment is inviting: Its fresh, open and collaborative and set up to leverage the sharing and expertise that everyone brings when in the office
- Rewards: There are plenty of them
Fast-paced, trusted and consumer-led, this retail group prides itself on its enviable industry position, delivering quality retail products, services and extensive ranges to its customers on a national scale. With their differentiated model, service excellence and robust back-end support programs along with their ability to attract and retain some of the markets best talent, they continue to go from 'strength to strength.' The product and category team are at the heart of the business and play a critical role in creating compelling reasons for customers to shop in their stores. Presenting a finely tuned and profitable range through the application of sound category management principles and supplier management strategies is therefore a key success determiner for the business. This is a role where you can make a real difference.
What you will do in an average week:
As a key member of the Merchandise division and working with and across a multi-disciplined team you will have full accountability and empowerment for the customer offer in your category portfolio. This role will see you:
- Taking the lead on the category development schedule and range review process
- Pushing the boundaries of excellence by further introducing, developing, and executing first-class category plans, pricing, and product assortments
- Assessing innovation from suppliers and private label strategies to ensure your destination category remains competitive with strong brand differentiation
- Managing the promotional programs to ensure that there is a year on year growth plan in sales and gross profit
- Identifying the ‘opportunity buys’ and planning these into the promotional schedules
- Leading and managing the strategic relationships with suppliers including negotiations of trading terms, deals, promotional offers and volume rebates
- Importantly, having a 'laugh,' enjoying the culture and all of the opportunities within
- You are proven: You have experience as a Category Manager, Product Manager or Buyer within a retailer or supplier
- Category experience: This category falls within ‘hard goods’ vs ‘soft goods/fashion’ however all category backgrounds will be considered. (It’s the merchant we are looking for vs the category expert)
- It’s a given you have skill sets in inventory management, negotiating and building supplier relationships and you are always in it for a ‘win-win.’ It's however, your ‘eye for commercial ranging’ and developing solution-based category plans that sets you apart
- You are innately passionate: You are a natural go-getter, who has the 'will' and 'want' to make a difference
- You have ambition: Right now, being in a role and business with good mentors and development programs that will bring the best out of you, is of high importance to you
- You are authentic and down to earth: this oozes from your every pore
- You inspire: You have drive, determination, and commitment that inspires others and you are always ‘in it for the team’
- You listen and others listen to you; your natural style is collaborative
If this sounds like the opportunity that would bring out the best in you and your potential, please apply ASAP. For a confidential discussion, please call Gabby on 0432 261 116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org