- Scope and empowerment: to formulate and enact the private label strategy for an incredibly opportunistic and fast growing category across a large multi-branded national store network
- Rewards: It's paying above market norms to attract and retain the best
- Learn and be inspired from the best: Work with some of the best mentors and leaders in the retail sector
- The offices are in the South East: It’s flexible, open and collaborative, set up to leverage the sharing and expertise that everyone brings for the days when you are in the office
- It’s fun: It’s a place where unique talents are leveraged, and success is celebrated.
- The sky and breadth for further career possibilities are limitless for performers, due to the size, nature and ongoing growth of the business
- It lives, operates and stands by its ‘people centric’ values. It’s a great place to work!
…is doing things differently. In an incredibly highly opportunistic category, this sizeable national retailer with hundreds of stores is tackling their market opponents ‘head-on’ with exceptional breadth and quality of range and advice. Success is achieved in the Private Label division through the application of superior sourcing, product development, trading and planning practices and the ability to translate trends and develop products to the needs of their customers. A career opportunity now presents for a Product Development Manager to conceptualise, develop and deliver an exclusive new product and brand strategy for this highly opportunistic category portfolio. The sky is literally the limit!
What will you do?
In this newly created role you will be responsible for:
- The sourcing, buying, development and design of private label products from international suppliers and factories
- Keeping well in tune with the market, so you can effectively identify, source and implement new product opportunities and initiatives, that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs
- Conduct extensive market review to compare competitors’ products, to look for opportunities for new designs, and product improvements against competitors
- Manage the product from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life
- Ensure the products are delivered on time, and that each process from design, manufacture, sample approval and artwork/packaging is at the agreed level to the Private Label’s team standards
- Liaise with the Product Category Managers to ensure range reviews, retail catalogues and online sales events have the relevant private label product representation inline with the Private Label strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally to effectively integrate the new offer into the existing range program for the entire store network
- Once implemented, continue to review, extend and maximise the offering to drive sales beyond industry benchmarks
- You are proven: You have solid experience developing and sourcing product as a Category Manager, Product Manager, Private Label/Product Development Manager or Buyer from within a Retailer and/or Supplier/Manufacturer.
- Category experience: All will be considered. We are more interested in your sourcing experience vs experience knowledge of a certain category type
- It’s a given you have skill sets in inventory management, negotiating, and building supplier relationships. You also have an ‘eye for commercial ranging’ and developing solution-based category plans
- You are authentic, a credible negotiator and are always in it for a win-win
- You inspire: You have drive, determination and commitment that inspires others
- You listen and others listen to you; you collaborate well
- You have passion: Simply put, you just ‘love’ what you do, and you are awesome at it!
This opportunity will make your 2021 year and beyond, please apply ASAP to Gabby Symons, People Equity or reach out via email@example.com with any further queries/to set up a confidential discussion.