What’s in this for you?
- Scope and empowerment: to formulate and enact the private label strategy for the 4WD/4x4 and Touring category across a large multi-branded national store network
- Rewards: It's paying above market norms to attract and retain the best
- Learn and be inspired from the best: Work with some of the best mentors and leaders in the retail sector
- The offices are in the South East: It’s flexible, open and collaborative, set up to leverage the sharing and expertise that everyone brings for the days when you are in the office
- It’s fun: It’s a place where unique talents are leveraged, and success is celebrated.
- The sky and breadth for further career possibilities are limitless for performers, due to the size, nature and ongoing growth of the business
- It lives, operates and stands by its ‘people centric’ values. It’s a great place to work!
Your prospective employer:
…is doing things differently. In the highly opportunistic 4WD/4x4 and Touring category, this sizeable national retailer with hundreds of stores is tackling their market opponents ‘head-on’ with exceptional breadth and quality of range and advice. Success is achieved in the Merchandise and Private Label division through the application of astute category management, trading and planning practices and the ability to translate trends and develop products to the needs of their customers. A career opportunity now presents for a Product Manager to conceptualise, develop and deliver an exclusive new product and continued brand strategy for the 4WD/Touring category portfolio.
What will you do?
In this newly created role you will research and analyse the existing market to create and develop an exclusive range of 4WD/Touring products keeping in line with the merchandise program and brand strategies of the business. More specifically you will:
- Be working to your strengths, defining and developing category plans, pricing and product assortments as well as devising and leading the strategies that will continually enhance the value proposition for the category
- Be keeping well in tune with the market, so you can effectively identify, source and implement new product opportunities and initiatives, that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking action where necessary, and sharing best practices with peers and other stakeholders
- Collaborate cross-functionally to effectively integrate the new offer into the existing range program for the entire store network
- Once implemented, continue to review, extend and maximise the offering to drive sales beyond industry benchmarks
Here’s what it will take:
- You are proven: As a Category Manager, Product Manager, Private Label Manager or Buyer from within a Retailer and/or Supplier/Manufacturer
- Category experience: It doesn't necessarily need to be within the 4WD, 4x4 and/or Touring category. An affinity/passion for 4WD and Touring however is key!
- It’s a given you have skill sets in inventory management, negotiating, and building supplier relationships. You also have an ‘eye for commercial ranging’ and developing solution-based category plans and this has set you apart
- You are authentic, a credible negotiator and are always in it for a win-win
- You inspire: You have drive, determination and commitment that inspires others
- You listen and others listen to you; you collaborate well
- You have passion: Simply put, you just ‘love’ what you do, and you are awesome at it!
This opportunity will make your 2021 year and beyond, please apply ASAP to Gabby Symons, People Equity or reach out via email@example.com with any further queries/to set up a confidential discussion.