What’s in this for you?
- Feel a strong sense of belonging and value as part of this incredible culture, where health and well-being is at the core of their DNA
- Inner-city lifestyle offices with flexible working options
- The opportunity to take on one of the highest profile roles in the Merchandise team where you will be fully empowered to accelerate the capability and scale in growing the Private Label products, exclusive brands and ranges
- The package - its ahead of market norms, with both financial and non-financial benefits
- It’s a career opportunity of a lifetime where you can take something from ‘great to greater!
Your prospective employer:
Fast-paced, trusted and consumer-led, this retailer prides itself on its enviable industry position, delivering quality retail services and extensive ranges to their customers on a national scale. On a phenomenal growth trajectory, they continue to expand further, moving from strength to strength with their differentiated model, service excellence and robust back-end support programs. Private Label assumes an increasingly pivotal role in the overall range offering as customers seek both value and quality in their purchases. As such, a talented and experienced Private Label Product Development Manager is now required to build on, contribute to, and take the Private Label strategy, to even greater levels of success. This is a role where you can make a real difference.
What will you do in an average week?
The prime purpose of this ‘front and centre’ role is to create, manage and grow the Private Label product portfolio, taking responsibility for the complete product life cycles from concept through to execution in store.
Specifically this will see you:
- Define, launch and manage new Private Label products and Exclusive Brands from concept through to execution as well as further develop the existing products and brands in the Private Label portfolio
- Work in collaboration with the Category Management team to identify positional opportunities for Private Label products, bringing your eye for trends and competitor activity in this space to the forefront
- Strategic management of supplier relationships and negotiating large contractual arrangements in order to bring products from concept to “on shelf”
- Developing and effectively implementing ‘go to market’ plans, working cross-functionally to ensure successful execution at store level
- Collaborating with the broader team to ensure all artwork approval and registration/regulatory compliance for all components of the product development lifecycle
Here’s what it will take:
- You are proven:You can illustrate tangible ‘wins’ in your career in Private Label development and growth against business KPI’s
- You are at the level: you have held Product Development/Specialist, Category Management and/or Buyer roles from within a retailer or Supplier/Wholesaler/Manufacturer where your ‘eye for commercial ranging’ and developing solution-based Private Label category plans is what has set you apart
- You have the relevant category experience: Health & Beauty (skincare, medicinal, vitamins and/or other health and beauty related categories) is preferred, however other consumer/FMCG category experience will also be considered
- You know the ‘technical’ and you can back it up with the numbers: You have a proven understanding and demonstrated application of the product development process including the commercial applications and financial responsibility behind bringing a new product from concept to “on shelf”
- You have passion: and an eye for health trends as well as a natural enthusiasm for bringing new products to market that meets customer demands
- It’s a given; you have skill sets in negotiating, and building supplier relationships and you are always in it for a ‘win-win’
- You enjoy pace: You thrive in periods of change, ambiguity and continued growth
- You inspire: You have driven, determination and commitment that inspires others and you are always ‘in it for the team’
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please APPLY. Otherwise, reach out to Gabby Symons, MD, People Equity for any queries on email@example.com and/or to set up a confidential discussion.