What’s in this for you?
- Major retail player with a workplace you will call your ‘home.’ Its culture is ‘down-to-earth’ and inclusive and where ‘work life balance’ is practiced and encouraged
- The opportunity to be part of a major retail leader with an incredibly strong growth and innovation agenda
- The opportunity to align yourself with a brand that customers ‘know’ and ‘trust’
- Be part of team who are not afraid to work hard and have fun along the way
- A handsome salary package with additional financial and non-financial benefits
This major retailer holds a strong national presence, continually expanding their footprint as well as their product offer. At the top of their game, they continue to invest in their people, customers and product offer. Currently ‘smashing it’ in its core categories, this large national group is known to be one of the fastest evolving, as it continues to bring ‘newness’ and ‘innovation’ to its ranges. With a strong focus on getting new and innovative products to market first, their strategy is to know and plan for what is happening tomorrow, today. Passionate team culture, driving sales and aspiring to be the best, is their recipe for success. Make your mark and take your career to the next chapter with a role that is sure to be rewarding for a person with the winning edge.
What will you do in an average week?
- Work constructively with stakeholders to ensure they are held to account and appropriately supported in their roles as project sponsors, product owners or subject matter experts within the program portfolio.
- Manage the program pipeline consistent with agreed criteria, including appropriate governance with respect to the project stage gates
- Ensure that there is a single source of truth and that information is adequately challenged and tested.
- Drive meeting agendas and use these forums to ensure benefits are realised and risk and issues are mitigated
- Well-developed program and project management experience, ideally within a retail environment. It would be advantageous for the candidate to understand how a complex retail business operates and bring with them learnings of best practice from other businesses
- The ability to lead by example and drive outcomes
- A strong understanding of the various program and project management methodologies such as PMBOK, Agile and PRINCE2.
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement skills: You can engage and influence with the best of them and take a business on a journey to even greater success