- An opportunity to work in a role that will enable you to build a great profile across the entire business
- Use your extensive retail operations experience to transition into a fully fledged Store Development role
- Opportunity to travel nationally
- Work with a fantastic mentor to develop your leadership skills as they focus on building your career for the long term
This retailer is shaking things up in a highly competitive market segment with an expansion and rejuvenation program that is winning customers’ hearts and minds. Achieving exceptional sales growth under the leadership of some astute and super-motivated retailers, this business is keeping competitors on their toes. With a busy agenda of store development projects lined up for the remainder of the year, we are now looking for a Store Development Project Manager to be an important part of this success story.
What will you do?
Working within an accomplished store development team, this role will see you ‘on site’ managing the execution of refurbishment and re-fit projects across a national network of stores. Working closely and collaboratively with the Store Manager per project, you will be responsible for achieving the result to the agreed timeframe, budget and with full compliance to brand standards. In this dynamic role, you will work with a myriad of stakeholders in each location and you will achieve great job satisfaction as you see your work come to fruition, again and again.
Here’s what it’s going to take:
- Most importantly, experience at some point in your career within an independent retail environment (likely at Store Manager or Area Manager level). You therefore understand the pressures facing an independent retailer.
- Some experience in store development such as conversions, upgrades, re-fits, however, formalised Project Management experience is NOT essential
- Strong stakeholder management skills, you will be a natural leader
- Calm approach.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- If you don’t know the answer, you can find it out.
- Ability to travel nationally