What’s in this for you?
- Huge career growth opportunity for a talented QC & Compliance Officer wanting to take ownership
- Opportunity to add value to a brand that customers know and love
- Autonomy to flourish in a role where you will evaluate and improve systems, processes and work flows
- If you live north of the river, then a short commute
- A seriously fun place to work; they take the time to laugh even when under the pump.
… Is a large buzzing organisation who are responsible for the enviable presence of some of Australia’s most beloved brands and products; where they are extensively spread across major department stores, specialist stores and independent retailers. Fast paced and forward thinking, it’s the care and investment they have for their own team and the real partnership and ability to provide true innovation and value to their clients; this has afforded them the significant success and growth over the last fifteen years
What will you do in an average week?
- Take accountability for providing technical direction to external suppliers and a large team of buyers and product developers across quality control and compliance
- Carry out performance testing to assess fitness for use and durability
- Assess, proof and have input into instruction manuals for regulatory requirements
- Liaise directly with off-shore and local suppliers to ensure the complete understanding of quality and compliance levels, to meet strict Australian governance standards
- Develop and maintain all product specification documentation
- Work with the broader team in merchandise, shipping and logistics to provide a seamless product to market from a compliance perspective
- Proven success as a Quality Control and Compliance Officer, ideally from within a wholesale or retail environment where you have demonstrated expertise in leadership and problem solving
- Comprehensive knowledge of Acts and Compliance Legislation on importing is a must; and if in the areas of Lighting, Electrical, Candles and Timber Products then we need to talk NOW
- A work ethic that is collaborative and fact driven; this role is technical you can’t guess
- A desire to learn and understand how a business is trading. You are naturally inquisitive regarding the existing systems and processes and you make recommendations on how to drive efficiencies across quality control
- This role is an integral and highly visible position within the Merchandise team and you will naturally have exceptional influencing, communication and relationship building capability
- Your computer skills are advanced, especially in Excel and if you know Phocas that is a bonus, but not a deal breaker.
- Mandarin might also be in your repertoire.