What’s in this for you?
- Position yourself into an autonomous role where you will be integral to the flow of communication between key business units to bring projects to completion
- Be a problem-solver, leveraging your strong understanding of inventory/stock, ranging, suppliers and the buying/category management processes.
- Embrace a career opportunity to weave yourself into the success story of a national retailer achieving exceptional results.
This retailer is shaking things up in a highly competitive market segment with an expansion and rejuvenation program that is winning customers’ hearts and minds. Achieving exceptional sales and brand growth under the leadership of some of the country’s most astute retailers; this business is keeping its competitors awake at night. The store transformation agenda lined up for 2018 is at such a scale that it requires an injection of talent into key positions…and that’s why we are now looking for a Ranging Solutions Specialist to join the team.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Merchandise Ranging Manager, you will manage total ranging solutions for all store conversions in line with the standards and objectives of the transformation program. Working intimately with every store under-going conversion, you will be the “eyes and ears” for the Merchandise team, working with stores to ensure the delivery of an optimal range that caters to the local customer and provides the best opportunities for margin improvement. This will naturally involve analysis of the current range, as well as understanding store priorities and pressure points so that the range can, in-turn, be appropriately engineered by the Category Management team. This is a conduit role where you will facilitate the delivery of the right range for each store conversion before it is handed over to the Store Development team for execution.
Here’s what it’s going to take:
- Your experience may come from a Merchandise role such as Buying/Category Management or Planning/Allocation. Alternatively, you may have held a store-based role that has had a focus on inventory or stock management and involvement in ranging decisions.
- You have advanced MS Excel skills.
- Your organisation, project planning and prioritisation skills are second-to-none.
- You are a strong communicator who can listen, clarify and disseminate information quickly.
- Finally, you are energised by problem solving and contributing to the bigger picture.