Ask any Australian who their favorite retailer is, and this company is likely the answer you will get! Able to win customers’ hearts and minds with their brilliant product mix at great prices, they are now one of Australia’s largest and most profitable retailers. Due to their continued success and strong appetite for growth, the business has set its sights on an expansion into America. To play a foundational role in bringing this vision to life, we’re looking for a talented, well-connected Seattle-based retail real estate specialist.
As the local property expert ‘on the ground,’ you will be use your extensive network amongst retail brokers and shopping mall owners to source AAA locations to maximize sales and enable a swift, decisive and effective market entry.
The successful candidate will have:
- An in-depth knowledge of the Seattle retail landscape. You will be familiar with market rentals, vacancy rates, what drives customer behavior and key competitors for space.
- An unparalleled network of brokers and shopping mall owners and the ability to know who to call to access the best sites.
- A demonstrated track record in lease negotiation and management within a retail environment, ideally working directly with a major retailer.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to successfully engage with both internal and external stakeholders, globally.
- Ability to work independently to deliver key business objectives.
- Experience in retail start-ups or introducing new retail concepts to the market from a property perspective will be highly regarded.