What is in this for you?
- Everything! This is a brilliant multi-site leadership role focussed on leadership in the true sense i.e., people development, building capability and working together with leaders to maximise opportunities (vs a role that is all about operational compliance and process)
- Securing a role with a thriving retailer that is at one of the most exciting transformation times in its history and the NSW region continues to be one of the highest growths and opportunistic
- A role that has a work-life balance, no weekend work is required
- A handsome package inc base, super, fully maintained vehicle (FMV), bonus & many other benefits
Your prospective employer
Be part of something ‘AWESOME.’ Well established in prime locations, this thriving large-format specialty retailer is tackling their market opponents ‘head-on’ with their differentiated product, diverse ranges and first-class customer service experiences. Their results continue to be phenomenal: tracking well above market norms with double-digit sales growth and performance. The Regional Manager role is wholeheartedly valued within this business and makes powerful commercial contributions to the success of the stores through first-class leadership, support, guidance and influence. Furthermore, the Retail Operations division has attracted some of the market's best multi-site leaders across the county…now is your opportunity to be one.
What will you do in an average week?
- Reporting in at a GM level, this role will see you front and centre with your region of stores, inspiring, developing, and influencing them to reach even greater levels of performance and success
- Influencing and managing key financial indicators to effectively maximise profitability through margin and cost control will naturally be a part of your remit, as will further crafting and building on the performance, customer and engagement strategies
- Working with your peers and other key stakeholders, ensuring the NSW Regional strategy is aligned to all aspects of the overall company vision will naturally be key as will consistently working with your stores and leaders to improve current systems, processes and control measures to ensure every opportunity for ongoing success.
Here’s what it will take:
- This is a given: Experience in a like for like Multi-Site/Regional Manager role within Retail. Although big box/large format experience is preferred, other traditional retail backgrounds will be considered for an exceptional retail Multi-Site leader
- Leadership ability: In short, you are a born leader with credibility and influence, and you can foster a culture of change
- Fast, Flexible, and adaptable approach: You embrace change, and you can flex up and/or down easily
- Strong business acumen: You can manage a P&L and understand financial levers across all store operations and inventory management
- Brilliant communication skills: You naturally translate the ‘vision’ into day-to-day operational performance
- You have strong exposure to market influences and inhabit a strong knowledge of regional demographics, competitor activity and environmental factors
- The customer is at the core of everything you do
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, that will bring out the best in you and your career, please apply ASAP, or reach out to Gabby Symons, MD, People Equity on firstname.lastname@example.org with further queries.