What’s in this for you?
- Major retail player with a workplace you will call your ‘home.’ Its culture is ‘down-to-earth’ and inclusive and where ‘work life balance’ is practiced and encouraged,
- Empowerment to totally review the whole merchandise offer and set the strategy that will see your ranges cater for the needs of aspirational customers like never before. The result will be a re-positioning of the brand to deliver further sustainable growth & profitability,
- The opportunity to be part of a globally recognised, major retail leader that is trend driven, you will be able to showcase your ‘eye for design’
- A workplace where you will be empowered fully where you can unleash your retail buying intellect, design experience, leadership and strategic thinking all in the one place
- A handsome salary package with many additional financial and non-financial benefits.
Your Prospective Employer:
Absolutely dominant in their chosen market and loved by such a broad customer base, they have a large network of stores that expands the nation. Underpinned by some of the industry’s most trusted and insightful leaders, the business continues to lead the market. Success is achieved in the Merchandise Division through the application of strategic buying, trading and planning practices and the ability to translate trend, needs and ‘wants’ to that of their customers. A niche marketing program supports their merchandise strategy, creating a fast-paced working environment that is in-tune with the market.
What you will do in an average week:
- Strategically and commercially drive your portfolio, delivering innovative product development solutions that continually creates ongoing ‘reasons to shop’ to an already engaged customer base
- Develop invigorating offers and implement ranging and assortment strategies with a trend and design focus that will continue to emphasis engaging the customer, whilst enhancing and delivering business capabilities for continued growth
- Work with the business cross-functionally to influence all areas of the organisation, ensuring your strategy is aligned to all aspects of the operational reality
- Consistently be in touch with the latest trend and product development opportunities in your specified category
- You have an ‘eye for design’: You have a keen eye for core line improvement, you thrive on exploring new trends and you enjoy taking calculated risks. You are resourceful.
- You’re commercially shrewd: A successful Merchant you know how to work with your suppliers to spot a trend, negotiate a deal and manage your them to ensure that your ranges reflect the best product at the best price, every time.
- You are currently a Buyer in a trend driven retail or wholesale business, that is either in bulky goods, furniture or homewares.
- You create points of difference that gets results: You can deliver ranges with a difference and you are innovative in your thinking; you really 'get' your customer.
- You can influence You have a presence and cultivate partnerships internally and externally.
- An understanding of a franchised business model would be a nice to have.