This high profile, multi-branded retailer is ‘firing on all cylinders’ with impressive year-on-year sales results and exceptional store growth. Now the national leader in its core category, it retains an enviable reputation for providing a specialised service and product offering. With on-going rapid expansion planned and a customer profile characterised by a strong intent to spend, there is ample opportunity to capture the dollar! This position for a Senior Buyer to lead the one of the company’s most high profile destination categories is therefore riddled with potential.
What will you do in an average week?
- Deliver the right range, at the right price and the right time in keeping with customer, category and industry trends/movements.
- Manage supplier relationships and negotiate at the right times to ensure customers are getting the best, exclusive deals. In a heavily branded category, the negotiation of exclusivity is paramount to success.
- Ensure that stock is managed shrewdly to ensure its availability for promotions, efficient speed to market and effective handling of slow-moving inventory.
- Demonstrated experience within a retail Buying role, ideally from Hard Goods related categories such as Furniture, Electrical, Hardware, Bulky Goods.
- Strong experience working with brands is important.
- Proven understanding and demonstrated application of the disciplines of Buying and understanding of how to effectively trade a category portfolio.
- Expert negotiation skills. You thrive negotiating ‘win-win’ outcomes on trading terms and deals with suppliers.
- A desire to make a long-term commitment to the right organisation and team.
If this sounds like the long-term opportunity you are seeking, please call Nicola Crocco for a confidential conversation on 0420 990 602.