It’s unquestionable; we are in very unusual times however if you are from within the industry, this opportunity is one not to let pass. Job security, ongoing development, and support from day one are absolutely assured.
- Large Specialty Hardware Retailer - people & partnership focussed
- Career Opportunity of a Lifetime – development & job security assured
- Be Welcomed & Supported during COVID. Generous $$ & benefits
Your prospective employer:
Eye-catching, proud, bright, bold, and contemporary this ‘loved’ specialty hardware retailer, is dominant in their chosen market. With an incredibly loyal customer base and a large network of stores, they offer superior service levels, extensive ranges, and highly competitive pricing. With a vibrant culture built on value, integrity, partnership, and respect, they are known to offer career and development opportunities for their performers, envied by many. Success in the Merchandise Division is achieved through the application of astute buying, trading, and planning practices and the ability to translate trends to the needs of their customers. Suppliers are considered partners and negotiations are all about a ‘win-win’ outcome. Due to an internal promotion, a career opportunity now presents to lead one of the highest-profile categories in the Power Tools team. This may just be one of your most career-defining moves…and its earmarked for further succession.
What’s in this for you?
- Your category: Power Tools - so one of the highest-profile portfolios in the group
- You will be supported: Job security, ongoing development, and support (throughout COVID and beyond), is absolutely assured
- Rewards: This package is handsome – composed of a generous base, plus super plus bonus scheme
- Career progression: This role is earmarked for further succession. In this business, team sizes continue to expand, and structures continue to be updated, therefore new openings and opportunities come up frequently. Internal progression appointments are always the first port of call
- Location: It’s easy to get “to and from” and you can park with ease (and for free)
- The work environment is new school: Fresh, open and collaborative and set up to leverage the sharing and expertise that everyone brings when in the office (with social distancing as a high priority
- Be accountable for one of the highest-profile portfolios - Power Tools
- Be pushing the boundaries of excellence by further introducing, developing, and executing first-class category plans, pricing, and product assortments - including the development of private label and exclusive branded products
- Work to your strengths to continually enhance the value proposition that ultimately drives excellence in service and delivers strong sales and profit results
- You are proven: You are a talented Senior Category Manager or Senior Buyer, or you are in a Senior Product Manager role from the supplier side.
- Category experience: Power Tools, Hardware (or aligned) category, and/or product management experience would be a 'very nice to have.' Secondly is a hardgoods category/product background and an absolute passion for all things DIY
- It’s a given you have skill sets in inventory management, negotiating, and building supplier relationships and you are always in it for a ‘win-win.’ It is, however, your ‘eye for commercial ranging’ and developing solution-based category plans that set you apart
- You have ambition: your career progression is important to you
- You are authentic and down to earth: this oozes from your every pore
- You inspire: You have driven, determination, and commitment that inspires others and you are always ‘in it for the team’
- You listen and others listen to you; your natural style is collaborative
If this sounds like the opportunity that would bring out the best in you and your potential, please apply ASAP. For a confidential discussion, please call Gabby on 0432 261 116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org