- Opportunity to be part of a 'down to earth', inclusive values based culture within an organisation that is firing on all cylinders!
- True autonomy to develop your category and use your entrepreneurial flair
- Real career development and growth opportunities
- An attractive salary package to attract and retain top talent
This opportunity falls within a renowned and robust retail phenomenon who are dominant in their chosen market and have a large network of stores that cover the nation. As they continue to differentiate their brand and offer through their inviting in-store and on-line experiences, leading price points and exclusive product strategies, the sky for this group is really the limit.
What will you do in an average week?
- Work at an influential level to develop in demand product ranges for a highly profitable and strategically important category
- Present new partnering ideas and concepts to suppliers to drive business and maximize income.
- Clearly communicate category strategy
- Make key ranging decisions
- Plan promotional activity with suppliers to promote the launch of new products and support existing business
- Proven success as a Category Manager within a grocery or FMCG environment: You will be an inspirational retail merchant with a solid understanding of category management principles, adept at defining and aligning a category strategy that has realised performance within a fast paced and rapidly expanding environment.
- A strong sense of ownership of your category which you will treat as if it was your own business
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills to get your team firing on all cylinders
- Proven ability to think beyond and deliver tomorrow's hot product today: You have an eye for being able to pull a commercially successful range together
- Strong supplier management and negotiation skills to create 'win-win' outcomes.
- Equally happy to work strategically as you are to 'roll your sleeves up.'
- Commercial, energetic, down-to-earth yet strategic and innovative.
For more information please call Rebecca Nickless on 0417 589 922.