Your prospective employer:
Bright and bold, this large specialty retailer is maintaining its strong market position and it continues to thrive in this new world we are all now operating in. With a full multi-channel offer, they offer an extensive range of company-owned, exclusively licensed, and third-party brands accessed through their various store formats as well as online. For their customers, they offer superior service levels, extensive ranges, and highly competitive pricing and for this, they have a large customer following. With plenty of sales growth and a transformational agenda, now is literally one of the best times ever to get on board.
What’s in this for you?
- $140-$160k package plus other benefits
- To be the main 'go to' in the planning division that also has resources to support the function.
- Further progression opportunity into Planning Manager in the very short term for the performer.
- To be part of a retailer bouncing with gusto out of COVID
- A place you can call ‘home’ where ‘work-life balance’ is practiced and encouraged
- Offices in the South East. Free parking
- A brief that will see you pushing the boundaries of excellence by further introducing, developing, and executing first-class assortment, planning, and inventory strategies. You will be the ‘go-to’ for all things merchandise planning from strategy to execution.
- To be working collaboratively with the Category Management team, suppliers, and broader business to leverage strategic relationships for strong financial benefit and outcomes
- Proven success as a Senior Merchandise Planner and/or Planning Manager in a retail environment
- You like to push boundaries - you are transformative in style and nature
- Strong negotiation - you are ‘firm’ but ‘fair’ and focused on a ‘win-win.’
- Your accuracy is through the roof. In fact, your analysis of the numbers is rarely questioned, and you can make sound and valued recommendations based on these facts. People listen.
- Leadership – formal or informal – it comes easily to you. People naturally follow you.
- You deliver planning solutions with a difference - you are innovative, and you think in the ‘eyes and mind' of your customer always.