What’s in this for you?
- Huge career growth opportunity for an emerging talent, looking for their ‘step-up’ role.
- Opportunity to build amazing relationships and drive growth into a big box hardware retailer that customers know and love.
- Autonomy to succeed in a role where you will organise your time to maximise every opportunity and achieve the right balance.
This specialist supplier is an exclusive distributer into an iconic global hardware retailer. With a culture built around valuing its people and internal promotion; the business is attracting and retaining driven individuals who thrive on a challenge. Significant business growth and transformation have sparked the search for a State Sales Manager to play an integral part in the organisation’s next chapter of success. With a three-pronged focus on strategy, operations and people, this career-defining role will shift the state’s performance to the next level through exceptional leadership and coaching.
What will you do in an average week?
- Lead, coach and develop your Area Manager and Store Account Managers to further develop their skills and set them up for continuing career progression.
- Build on relationships with Supply Planners and Category Managers at a Support Office level to maximise the in-store product offering and stock availability.
- Be present in-store, working with your team and upskilling them to improve sales opportunities, stock availability and merchandising standards.
- Be accountable for achieving KPI’s such as sales, financial reporting, and cost management.
- You will have a strong foundation of experience as an Account Manager or Sales Manager from the supply/wholesale/distribution side, servicing a large format retailer. Retail experience in an Area/Store Manager or related store role within hardware will also be considered.
- You have a passion for the hardware industry, an ambitious nature and love to see people succeed.
- You have strategic and operational aptitude and are proven in your ability to drive results through mentoring and coaching your team to maximise revenue opportunities.
- You demonstrate exceptional professional relationship-building skills and commercial acumen. You take a genuine interest in your customers and seek to understand how you can add value to their businesses.