- Enjoy hybrid working arrangements with a brilliant retailer where flexibility is in their DNA
- Ultimate job satisfaction - see your efforts come to fruition for each project you lead, whilst delivering a result that delights customers, stores and financial results in such a positive way
- An opportunity to be impactful that will build a great profile for you across the entire business
- An opportunity to leverage your retail leadership skills into a fully-fledged transformation centric, project management role
- An opportunity to travel nationally – when the borders open of course!
- The pleasure of working with a fantastic, high performing team who ‘love’ what they do
- Endless career possibilities right across the organisation
- ‘New school’ styled offices, free parking and ease of access
- Many other benefits inc an extra week of leave after your 1st year
This retailer is shaking things up in a highly competitive market segment with an expansion and rejuvenation program that is winning customers’ hearts and minds. Achieving exceptional sales growth under the leadership of many astute and super-motivated retailers, this business is keeping competitors on their toes. With a continual and busy agenda of significant store transformations lined up for this year and many years to come, we are now looking for a number of Store Development Project Managers to be an important part of this ongoing success story.
What will you do?
Working within the Store Development division and as a key part of the high-performing Store Transformation team, this role will see you pre-planning, managing and executing the store refurbishment and re-fit projects across a national network of stores. By effectively managing these to time frame, to budget and with full compliance to brand standards you will be delivering customers an exceptional shopping environment and for the stores, an exceptional enhanced trading platform. In this dynamic, project-centric role you will work with a myriad of stakeholders including store teams, 3rd party merchandisers and suppliers as well as with the Merchandise Operations team and almost every other division within the support office.
Here’s what it’s going to take:
- The core of your experience is in Retail operations: this may be in a Multi-site/Store Manager/Store Development capacity, or from another senior operational leadership role where you have led and influenced large teams
- Some experience in store development such as conversions, upgrades, re-fits and project Management is a 'nice to have' however is NOT essential
- Leadership ability: In short, you are a born leader with credibility and influence
- Strong stakeholder management skills – this is a must as you will be the interface to so many divisions at a support office level, as well as stores and suppliers throughout each project
- You understand the importance of merchandising, ranging, space planning and stock management in achieving outstanding results in-store development projects
- You're self-starting, resourceful, highly organised and have a hands-on approach to your work
- You are able to travel 1-2 times a year, being away for some weekly periods of time (flying home on weekends)
- You have outstanding organisational skills, a high attention to detail, and you have a well-developed commercial thought process and focus on continuous improvement
- You have a calm approach, have natural confidence and a positive, can-do attitude.
- You are Resourceful: If you don’t know the answer, you find it out.