- Work in an extremely progressive work space – no excuses for not finding a good meeting space in this office.
- Glorious fresh coffee from brand new, state-of-the-art coffee machines on every floor.
- On-site parking.
- Highly innovative environment.
…is partnered with some of the world’s largest brands and has team members in every state and territory in Australia. Their unique approach to partnership aligns the strategic business objectives of their clients to their significant experience in providing a comprehensive range of services across engineering, technical procurement and waste management.
The Business Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to understand the technology solutions they need. The Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions. The Business Analyst will also be proactive about working with the Emerging Technology Analyst to look for new technologies to optimize business processes. The Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT’s understanding of business requirements.
Here’s what it will take:
- Bachelor of Computer Science/IT degree /Diploma – Highly desirable
- Three to five years related work experience with a strong background in web and mobile application development.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.