What’s in this for you?
- Ownership of a high profile exclusive product and brand strategy across a national store network
- Scope and autonomy to do the research, formulate the strategy and execute the plan
- International travel, modern offices and a collaborative team atmosphere
…is doing things differently. In the hugely competitive hardware category, they are tackling their market opponents ‘head-on’ with exceptional breadth and quality of range and advice. Their results are phenomenal: tracking well above the market norm with double-digit organic sales growth and a continuing, national store rollout strategy. Momentum like this can only be driven and sustained by talented individuals working together to further sharpen the brand’s competitive edge. As such, a role has been created for a Product Manager with a flair for international sourcing to conceptualise, develop and deliver an exclusive new product and brand strategy for the Hand Tools portfolio.
What will you do?
- From scratch - research and analyse existing market brands to create and develop an exclusive range of Hand Tool products in keeping with the merchandise program and brand strategies of the business.
- Leverage your experience in international sourcing to identify, procure and qualify overseas suppliers to deliver on product specifications, meeting all required standards and quality measures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Merchandise and Supply Chain teams to effectively integrate the new offer into the existing range program for the entire store network.
- Once implemented, continue to review, extend and maximise the offering to drive sales beyond industry benchmarks.
Here’s what it will take:
- You have solid experience developing, sourcing and managing products from a retail or wholesale perspective.
- Your product experience encompasses tools, hand tools or a related hardware category such as trade and industrial, equipment and machinery.
- Importantly, you have strong experience working with overseas suppliers and into appropriate geographic areas in order to effectively source products.
- It goes without saying that you have sound financial and commercial acumen coupled with expert negotiation skills.
If it’s time for you to put your experience to something great, please call Nicola Crocco on: 0420 990 602 for a confidential chat.