- Join a retailer that is leading the way in its category
- Merge your passion for tools with your career aspirations
- Learn from some of the best minds in the industry
…is a retailer to watch. In the highly contested tool category, they are tackling their market opponents ‘head-on’ with exceptional breadth and quality of range and advice. Their results are phenomenal: tracking well above the market norm with double-digit organic sales growth and a continuing, national store rollout strategy. Momentum like this can only be driven and sustained by talented individuals working at every level of the business. An outstanding opportunity now presents for a Trainee Category Manager to learn, grow and ‘fire’ their career ahead, working within one of the most prestigious product categories in the tools game: Power Tools.
What will you do in an average week?
- Learn from and support a leading Category Manager, assisting them to deliver and execute their category plans. Take on more and more Category Management responsibility over-time as your skills develop and you grow into a fully-fledged Category Manager.
- Analyse range and sales data to facilitate category decision-making as part of the range review process.
- Be one of the key points of contact for supplier and store queries and be a key part of supplier negotiations.
- Co-ordinate and drive catalogue, promotional and planogram programs.
- Experience as an Assistant Category Manager/Assistant Product Manager, Buyer’s Assistant, Marketing Co-ordinator or related role within retail, product management or inventory management.
- Some experience within the Tools/Power Tools/Hardware categories or a passion for these types of products in your personal time.
- Ambition coupled with a “can-do” attitude. You are someone who wants to develop your career with a growing company.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Competence with MS Excel.