New Store Leaders
National talent mapping, national talent pipe-lining, search and talent acquisition
Telstra is one of Australia’s most prominent multi-channel organisations, offering its customers often ‘first to market’ products and services. Traditionally, the vast Telstra Retail business was viewed as a “telecommunications company with some stores,” but the competitive landscape necessitated them to drastically transform their retail proposition. As such, Telstra embarked on a journey to redefine their customer experience by setting a new benchmark in retail excellence at store level. One of the key ways they were going to do this was through the appointment of a new store structure of Store Leaders across their 100-strong store network.
The pain points and challenges:
- Telstra needed the very best in New Store Leader retail talent, nationally, in order to build Telstra Retail into a brand that people aspired to work for and Telstra customers raved about.
- To find this exceptional talent, Telstra needed the help of a select few recruitment agencies to turn over every stone in the marketplace. Enter: People Equity.
People Equity’s solution:
- Dedicating a team of our Consultants to this project, we devised a multi-faceted talent acquisition strategy that involved strongly leveraging our networks and referral sources.
- The brief on this role was “outside of the box” in that Telstra didn’t necessarily require proven retailers for the New Store Leader positions; rather strong leaders who demonstrated a set of “must have” competencies such as leadership, motivation, customer focus and business acumen.
- Our ability to attract and assess talent from various industries across these areas of competency through finely-tuned behavioural interviewing technique was critical to determining the best talent match.
- People Equity placed several key New Store Leaders within multiple states for Telstra who played an important role in shifting the customer experience and raising the performance bar overall.
If you would like to discuss a talent pain point you are experiencing and how we can help,
please call our retail search and recruitment expert, Gabby Symons on: 0432 261 116 or Nicola Crocco on: 0420 990 602.