State Operations Managers - Australia-wide
Search, Multi-Channel Advertising and Network Approach
Terry White Chemmart (TWCM) is Australia’s most enviable Pharmacy brand; offering its customers first-to-market professional services to ensure they are in optimal health. In late 2015, Terry White and Chemmart merged their two businesses to become the largest retail pharmacy brand in the country. The competitive nature of pharmacy and ‘bricks and mortar’ retailing saw this merge as a commercially viable, future-proofing strategy. People Equity was engaged to source and deliver exceptional talent that would bring non-traditional pharmacy views, coupled with an ability to transform and unify TWCM’s retail proposition across brand, people and operating systems.
The pain points and challenges:
- Sourcing talent that would understand a member-based working model (similar to franchising), therefore requiring a highly influential leadership style. It was a case of needing to influence without authority.
- Finding talent that had successfully led a team through a significant business merge or restructure. It was about the unification of two Head Offices in different states, the rebranding of 570 plus sites in a limited timeframe and the upgrade and roll-out of new operating systems.
People Equity’s solution:
- We devised a state-by-state network and referral-seeking approach, led by Lisa Canning. A Principal Consultant at People Equity, Lisa’s networks have been developed over 20 years at an operational level, nationally.
- Lisa invested heavily in educating the market and TWCM on the benefits of translatable skills versus specific industry experience. Her individual state-based market knowledge was also imperative to a successful outcome.
- Lisa’s ability to attract and assess talent from various sectors, disciplines and industries through finely-tuned behavioural interviewing techniques was critical to determining the best talent match.
- People Equity efficaciously recruited State Operational Leaders for TWCM in VIC, NSW, QLD and SA. One State Manager has gone on to receive an award of recognition for their exceptional performance in bringing unity to their state operations. The talent recruited has facilitated the remarkable transformation of two businesses as they have come together.
If you would like to discuss a talent pain point you are experiencing and how we can help as your specialist retail search and recruitment agency of choice, please call Gabby Symons, Managing Director on: 0432 261 116 or Lisa Canning on: 0420 765 026.